G Gauge

Anybody in this forum into running G gauge trains? I got out of O scale back in the '80's cause I felt it was too small for me. Now I'm into G gauge (1 3/4 inches between the rails) and am wondering if anyone else in this forum is in it too.

Reply to
ssculptor

Only casually, ie, we set up a circle on the living room floor when the grandchildren come, and make "tunnels" out of chairs and piles of books on either side of the track, etc.

Look for Garden Railways magazine. Garden railway folk use G almost exclusively. (Some think G == "Garden", but it actually G == "Grossbahn", German for "big railway.")

Also, IIRC, Yahoo has a garden railways group.

HTH

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Yep!

Although I concentrate in HO Scale, I find it rewarding to model large scale models as well. Mostly scratch building models I want, not by buying the mostly generic stuff on the market.

No place to run but I still like building them:

That is my resume as of now. Something else could be in the works this summer.......Gary

Reply to
Gary Mittner

I only have a loop of G in the house. If i move to a house with a fence

in backyard in the next few months, I hope to start a garden layout

You may also wish to check out

Theres

bunch of helpful people there

-- TallDud Sent via The Whistle Post Forums at

Model Railroad Discussion forums and more

Reply to
TallDude

Yupp!

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Wolf replied: Only casually, ie, we set up a circle on the living room floor when the

grandchildren come, and make "tunnels" out of chairs and piles of books

on either side of the track, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------- This sounds like a lot of fun for granddad and the grandchildren. I know I'd sure enjoy running trains that way. 'Course these days, I would need some help getting up off the floor.

Bill Bill's Railroad Empire

BillsRREmpire

Gary replied: No place to run but I still like building them:

is my resume as of now. Something else could be in the works this summer.......Gary

----------------------------------------------------------- Wow! What superb modeling, Gary!

Bill Bill's Railroad Empire

BillsRREmpire

Except that the "model rr secrets" page wants a valid e-mail for entry. Sorry, no way.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Agreed!

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Yes, but I run on gauge #1 track, 1 3/4" between the rails. Live steam and battery.

It's a nice size. It's small enough to build models like you would in smaller scales. It's large enough to build models with all the framing and fastenings of the full size if you want to go to that trouble.

Reply to
<wkaiser

snipped-for-privacy@mtholyoke.edu spake thus:

[sig]

You know, there's a much more concise way to put this:

Good, cheap, quick: pick any two.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

I know, but some people need detailed explanations in order to catch on.

Reply to
<wkaiser