GN Pacific

Anyone know of a source for an N- or HO-scale model of a GN 4-6-2 Pacific, preferably with green boiler and red cab roof?

Tom Spence snipped-for-privacy@teleport.com

Reply to
Tom Spence

Westside imported several different models, also PFM. Check ebay.

If looking for cheap plastic, I have no idea.

Howard

Tom Spence wrote:

Reply to
Howard Garner

Accurate one = Brass

PFM/United H-5 class with optional oil bunker (HO)

Westside - H-4 class as it appeared in the early 1900s, can motor and better detail than the Gem model (HO)
Gem - H-4 class as it appeared in the early 1900s (HO) Can't find a current photo on the net.

Westside - H-7 class (HO)

W&R - H-7 class (HO)

Inaccurate plastic model

Model Power USRA light 4-6-2 (HO)

Model Power USRA light 4-6-2 (N)

All GN's pacifics had Belpaire fire boxes, all the plastic ones have radial stay.

e-Bay or a hobby shop with a brass model are your only source for an accurate one. All the above show up on e-bay. the PFM H-5 and the Westside H-4 most often. Prices are all over I have seen a bare brass H-4 go for not much over $100 and a well painted H-5 with sound go over $500.

Reply to
Mountain Goat

Years ago, I picked up a Tyco Pennsy pacific. Eventually, I got tired of the inaccuracy; however, not being a stickler for every bloody detail, I fixed that with Squadron Green putty and paint. Since then, it's had a lovely Belpaire firebox.

mark

Reply to
mark

Tom, if you are still interested, there is a Mantua GN 4-6-2 Pacific, stock #9405. It has a green boiler and a red cab roof. You might be able to find it on E-Bay or someone might have it for sale at a train show.

Fred Ellis

-- (To e-mail me, remove the x from my address)

Reply to
Fred Ellis