Good quality flatcars

I'm looking for a couple of good quality old-time 30' (28'?) flatcars with good trucks and body mounted couplers. Can anyone recommend a manufacturer
who produces (or produced) such a car?
Carter
Jeff Dippel wrote:

Roundhouse RND81242-52 (Horizon Hobbies).
HTH
wolf k.
Best way to get a bunch is to scratchbuild them. Check out Grandt Line for stake pockets and so forth and make up a whole bunch of them. Don't forget to weight them and use metal trucks so that they will stay on the track.
-- Bob May
Thanks for the heads up on Grandt Line... good looking products but I'm leaning more towards RTR. (I'm limted on time... and skill)
Carter

Ah, the first ones you will build are going to be junk. This is to be expected as you don't have the experience but if you perservere then you eventually will start making ones that will be of good quality. You have to remember that part of the reason for this hobby is to waste time!
-- Bob May
Thanks Guys
Appreciate the recommendations.
Carter

I didn't think of it until just now, but you could kit-bash some *really* nice shorty flats by cutting circa ten to twelve HO scale feet out of Gould (Tichy) 50-ton flat cars. The kits are still easily available (from Micro-Mark among others) and are *very* well detailed: something you can't say about the old Roundhouse kits.
Here's a URL: http://www.micromark.com/HO-SCALE-40-50-TON-FLAT-CAR-KIT-BULK-PACK-OF-6,8757.html
Note that Micro-Mark will sell you six kits in a bulk pack for around $40.00: a good deal in today's market where $40.00 single cars aren't unusual.
~Pete

Vey good suggestions from others. If you get ambitious here are a couple suggestions.
Bitter Creek Models is going to have HO 1860 to 1910 kits this year and they will have a flat car plus this flat car I am building from mostly scratch.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l267/richg1998/Flat%20car / Flatcar5.jpg
Rich

Good suggestions. If you get ambitious, here are a couple suggestions. Sometime this year, Bitter Creek Models will have a HO scale 30' flatcar and the below sixteen wheel 36' flatcar that I am building mostly from scratch. i do not own Bitter Creek.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l267/richg1998/Flat%20car / Flatcar5.jpg
Thanks Rich
The Bitter Creek Models website is somewhat sparce so I'll have do to a little more research but thanks for the lead.
Carter