L@@K! L@@K! L@@K!

Heh.
Made you look. -- Ray

Not me, I looked because I wanted to.
Puckdropper
On 06 Apr 2009 22:59:47 GMT, Puckdropper

Yeah. Ok. We'll go with that. -- Ray

You forgot: "Now here's a quarter. Go play and leave Grandpa and me alone."
Puckdropper

I didn't look! Honest!

Oh yeah, what didn't you see?
Puckdropper

I didn't see nothing!
On 4/6/2009 8:48 PM Mark Mathu spake thus:

That's a double negative. It ain't grammatically correct.
--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself
David Nebenzahl wrote:

A double negative is a positive surely?
Krypsis
On Tue, 07 Apr 2009 16:52:01 +1000, Krypsis wrote:

If I tole ya once, I tole ya a thousand times, my name ain't Shirley.
Steve Caple wrote:

Grammar rules are not logic rules. The double negative = positive is true in some contexts, and not true in others. Historically, double negatives mean emphatic negative. The strictures on that usage were invented by a 17th century school teacher who had an imperfect grasp of Latin grammar, and no grasp of English grammar. OTOH negative particle plus negative prefix == positive.(b)
(a) "No, that's not so." "I didn't see nothin'." "Give him no nevermind." Plus lots of examples in Shakespeare. Look 'em up. ;-) Etc.
(b) "It is not uncommon for people to mistake usage rules for grammar rules, but not the inverse."
Kapeesh?
wolf k.

And, I might add, spelling rules are worse than grammer rules.
Growing up in New Orleans makes it even more difficult since we have several variations on language such as American English, French English, Spanish English, African English, Native American English and so on. Then, add to that, French English has several variations of it's own such as Colonial French-English, Creole French- English and Acadian ( or Cajun) French-English.
Then we can have a discussion on why so many people who settled on the "German Coast" of the Mississippi River above New Orleans all have French names because the no one could translate. When a German was asked what his name meant, he pointed to a tree branch and thus his name became LaBranche.
Funny to hear German spoken with a French accent.