help me save my Lionel 675

Well that's a little complicated. The Lionel drivers are 1" in diameter, so at first blush the answer might be 48" in 1/4"scale. But the Lionel turbines were far from 1/4" scale - the loco measures about 10.5", and loco and 6-wheel tender total about 19.25". My Pennsy diagram booklet lists the S-2 loco as being 66' 7 3/8" long, and the loco and tender at 122' 7 1/4". As I work that out, the Lionel turbine is built to 0.1576 "/' scale based on the loco alone length or 0.1570 "/' scale based on the overall length, or about 60% of O scale. Applying those ratios to the 1" driver, the drivers scale out to be just over 76" diameter. So one could say the model drivers are actually oversized!!? Good question! Geezer

As soon as I return home, I'll look again at the wheel configuration and corect myself.