High Bid On ebay for Walthers Covered Hopper

What's with the $171.30 bid for a Walthers 3 bay covered hopper, road number ATSF304227? It looks like a regular old Walthers 932-5709 kit
to me. What am I missing here?
Byron Lane wrote:

Did you see the one going for over $200 ?
I hope somebody explains this before I dig out my airslides and put them on ebay.

Interesting, between the bidders edsmith823 and revclif, there are five auctions totaling over $700 for Walthers covered hoppers -- with no boxes!!! And neither of those bidders are ebay rookies (one of the bidders has a feedback rating of 1649), so these cars must have some sort of collectible value to them.
If you've got any of these five airslide models you should _really_ consider putting them up for auction.
__________ Mark Mathu The Green Bay Route: http://www.greenbayroute.com / "I started out with nothing and I still have most of it."
Mark Mathu spake thus:

Either that, or open them up and find out what kind of contraband is hidden inside.
--
In order to embark on a new course, the only one that will
solve the problem: negotiations and peace with the Palestinians,

If you put them on ebay, let us know. It should be fun to watch the frenzy. Good luck.
Actually, any further auctions on those cars will probably not bring anything more than the usual price for a car. It looks like we've got two idiots that just have to have that car for some reason. What is the worst thing about that bidding war is that a lone car never looks right so he's gonna have to go and find a bunch more of them for a train unless he's a stupid collector and for that, just ignore the car for the layout.

We're talking about many cars here.
If you've got an ebay account, this link will show 19 Walthers covered hoppers with bids over $50... from just one of the bidders mentioned: http://tinyurl.com/r44rv
I hope he posts what the h___ was going on here.

$200 for one car is silly! It's even a plastic car that a lot were made of.