Highway grades

Glad you caught it in time. Had you been diagnosed before, or was the vision problem the trigger? Type II is it? I haven't had any retinal problems, and still get annual checks, just have old and inflexible eyes less and less capable of focusing close-up.

And yes, Rathburne, I am on my meds, but they're just plain white (tolazimide and glucophage).

Reply to
Steve Caple

My eyes got better when I started on insulin. But they are not testing for vision, they are looking for the deterioration of the nerve which can be seen at the back of the eye.

Jim Stewart

Reply to
Jim Stewart

if he is using Outlook or Outlool express he could do the same thing.

Reply to
wannand

That's what I meant - checking for retinopathy or macular degeneration. Luckily I'm not yet on insulin, but am on the edge.

Reply to
Steve Caple

I think I know about where you went too! And you are right; there's nothing "flat"about that part of the state. Although I'd have to question your use of the word "rugged." Bringsto mind a story... when I was younger, a friend & I went home to visit Mom & Dad. Dad tok us out to see some of the rr sites, tunnesl, bridges, etc. We started up this hill, and steve stopped his truck. He looked at us and sheepishly said, "Should I put my truck in 4 wheel drive?" My dad busted out laughing... We run school busses up & down these hills every day; let's go!" and away we went. Steve was used to NW Ohio where you can play pool in some of the fields out her.

Yes, "Town" is where I'm alking about and I see the road coming across the tracks at an angle from the bottom edge of the layout. No, I don't have any river plans and probably won't... There is an open area that in my mind is trying to claim itself for a wide lake/stream combination that will runn from the hills in the back left to the "Canyon" area. But that debate hasn't resolved itself yet.

Since you have no doubt been checking the website, I'll have to update it now to reflect some of the progress. But then again, there hasn't been much. Trains are a winter sport, and with my surgery this summer and my daughter's school activities, I haven't spent much time up there.

But thanks for looking... did you see the pictures from the blimp ride??? a truely awesome experience!

dlm

Reply to
Dan Merkel

I might have been on that road, back in the 70s. Was it a switchback-like two-laner back in the early 70s? I think they did a rebuild and made it a swooping 4-lane by 1980 or so....

Kennedy

Reply to
Kennedy (no longer not on The Haggis!)

Check out US Alt 14, runs east from Cody, WY through Powell and Lovell then up up up toward Bald Mountain. Not sure of the grade, but it looks spectacular, in fact from below it looks so extreme it's reminiscent of a model railroad layout.

Reply to
Steve Caple