[HO] coupler poll

Puckdropper

N scale Rapido couplers seem to have solved the backing issue. They're basically oversized squared knuckles that couple automatically by lifting one over the other. Unfortunately, the coupler spring is seperate so there's some assembly to be done. (Fighting coupler springs is NEVER fun!)
I don't think they'd look too bad on HO models...
Puckdropper

Puckdropper wrote:

I use the Rapido heads on my British HO models. - mounted on wires running circa 2" back to a fixed point on the underframe - iron link chain dangling in the appropriate point for magnetic uncoupling - wire bar below the bufferbeam to limit the drop.
They are small, cheap, magnetic uncoupling, very light coupling and will couple with a standard NEM coupler. (they don't then uncouple magnetically) I did try NEM and Kadee couplers but they were too large and spoiled the appearance.
Regards, Greg.P.
Greg Procter wrote:

Now THIS sounds like an interesting an useful bit of information, Greg
Thanks!!
Chuck D.

B'ichela wrote:

Which is the most important reason of all!!!!!!!

Chuck D.
Mark Mathu wrote:

Kadee #4 and #5.
--

Rick Jones
Remove the Extra Dot to e-mail me

Here's the latest poll results:
Kadee Magne-Matic: 74% Accurail Accumate: 11% Sergent Engineering: 5% X2F (horn hook): 2% McHenry: 1% Other: 2%
____ Mark Mathu The Green Bay Route: http://www.greenbayroute.com /