HO Power pickup question

"Frank A. Rosenbaum" wrote:

Avoid wipers if you can and look for a metal axle with one wheel isolated.
Regards, Greg.P.

Check this web site out for (possibly) the answer to your question. Someone in this group suggested this a few years back, if my old memory is correct.
http://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com/1879/locomotives/wipers /
Brian

Wow! What a great idea!
Thanx, Brian.
-Pete

You're welcome.
P. Roehling wrote:

Saw something similar some years ago in one of the model mags, but nearly as elegantly done as this. SFFR (saved for future reference.)
Re: Blackening wheels Most come blackened these days, so that's not a problem. I've used gun-bluing successfully on just about every metal surface. Gives colours from dark brown through bluish-grey to black depending on alloy. It's essential to clean the surface with a degreasing agent first, though. Hobby Black (TM) is the same stuff AFAICT, just packaged differently and priced accordingly. Caution: these materials are toxic.
PS: something wrong with the page's source code, it will print only "1 of 1", about half the total page.
HTH
--
wolf k.