HO Power pickup question

Check this web site out for (possibly) the answer to your question. Someone in this group suggested this a few years back, if my old memory is correct.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

Ah, Yes!!! ENGLISH strikes again!!!!!

Chuck D.

Reply to
Charles Davis

"Brian Smith" wrote

Thanx, Brian.

-Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

You're welcome.

Reply to
Brian Smith

Saw something similar some years ago in one of the model mags, but nearly as elegantly done as this. SFFR (saved for future reference.)

Re: Blackening wheels Most come blackened these days, so that's not a problem. I've used gun-bluing successfully on just about every metal surface. Gives colours from dark brown through bluish-grey to black depending on alloy. It's essential to clean the surface with a degreasing agent first, though. Hobby Black (TM) is the same stuff AFAICT, just packaged differently and priced accordingly. Caution: these materials are toxic.

PS: something wrong with the page's source code, it will print only "1 of 1", about half the total page.

HTH

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir