[HO] Revell/Con-Cor 50' gondola

How many ribs does the old Revell/Con-Cor 50' gondola (now out of production?) have on each side?

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Probably not needed... if this link shows the old Revell model:

A couple of us modelers are looking for a model to use as a starting point to build a stand-in model of this 1977 Thrall gondola:

the old Revell/Con-Cor 50' gondola has been raised as probably closest commercial starting point.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

That's the same body die, probably produced for Con-Cor by Heljan.

I DO notice the prototype C&O photo shows FOURTEEN ribs. Looking at the GB&W car it appears to have higher sides. Also, you'd need to make the Revell straight across the bottom and extend the rins a bit, but that wouldn't be too hard.

I don't have a picture or a link, but have you looked at the MDC "railgon" ?

Don

-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman