I Don't Get It.....

Perhaps you are a racist idiot. Sure, tens of thousands dead. No threat to us so why do we care? Where were you in Bosnia and Kosovo? Hypocrite. Here is an analogy for you. Your family is all shot dead by some maniac. So what? They guy is no threat to me so why do I care. Let him go and dump your wife and kids in a pit. Put it on TV. Some guy in Kansas will shrug and say to not worry about it on a model train internet group.

Think about it and try to come up with how you are not an idiot...........you are.

Reply to
MrRathburne

In what manner does your analogy represent a real life condition?

Reply to
Dunter Powries

I do not consider myself to be a hypocrite. I just think we should go after those who attack us, such as Japan in WWII and OBL on 9-11. Dubya is trying to police the world which I think is none of our business. We should have stayed out of Bosnia and Kosovo. Since you are so quick to fight why aren't you in the military. Better yet, if you have kids old enough, be sure they enlist.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

You many not consider yourself one, but you are.

Reply to
MrRathburne

And you military service is what? You idiot, how do you know I am not in the military!? You stand by and don't give a crap if people are murdered because they are not like you all in Kansas. What a hypocrite.

Reply to
MrRathburne

So do you want the USA to be an isolationist country? If your neighbors start a feud would you ignore the situation? And don't ask the question about family and military. I have my 30 year retired notice as a Navy CPO, my brother was 8 years a Marine, and my sister is a LtCol USAF. Some fights are important.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Henk

What?? This has happened in real life. Maybe it doesn't count if it's not in your immediate locale. Lets see in northern Iraq whole families have been killed and dumped into pits. Perhaps that doesn't count?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Henk

Neville Chamberlain thought so to.

Reply to
Dave Henk

US Army 1968-1969, Infantry. I can tell you aren't because you are too much of a pussy to be in or have had any experience in combat. You also don't understand that here in the USA we have the right to have different opinions about different issues without everyone being an idiot. That does not make us a hypocrite. I don't like war, apparently you love it. Let your offspring be the ones to die. I do know you are the biggest troll on this group.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

I bet you give bundles to the Children's Fund to feed starving children around the world? I heard 27000 die a day. No you don't you would just rather complain about a few pennies increase on UP train item. That seems more like a hypocrite to me

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

The Military invented this 'thing', during the cold war - called it MilNet(read: Military Network). Used it as a means of communication between various nuclear defence installations. Then it was adopted by a series of university libraries, and renamed ArpNet.

-------------- Drew Halifax

Reply to
Andrew Bunn

DARPAnet - defense advanced research projects agency

Reply to
Steve Caple

ARPAnet was originally a university research network, funded by the DOD Advanced Research Project Agency (then using the acronym ARPA, now DARPA). It was not 'invented' by the military, they paid for it. It was never used to link nuclear defense installations, that myth came from one of the early funding proposals as one possible justification for the military ponying up the cash. The network initially linked universities and corporations involved in the research project. Military research computers were linked in later along with additional universities and corporations. Years later, the military research computers were split off into a separate network called MILnet.

This is from personal knowledge, as I wrote part of the software used to link the first few of the military research systems into ARPAnet...

Marc

Reply to
Marc Ramsey

I have had fueding neighbors and yes I stayed out of it. Not my business. I know we can not be a total isolationist country but we don't have to stick our noses in every time some trouble erupts. Seems like a ton of Iraqi people don't want us there. I guess you believe everything Dubya puts out. You are right, some fights are worth it. Finding OBL is one that is justified. Iraq is not, especially as how Dubya lied about weapons of mass destruction, which don't exist.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

HA. I have 20 times that much time in the military. So, you premise is wrong, which is not a surprise since everything else you say is wrong.

You can have a different opinion, but if you bring your politcal hate rants here like you did, you are going to get it back both sides of the shotgun. If you don't want it, keep it out of an internet model train group. But, you brought it on so you are going to get it back.

And, anyone who thinks a guy like Hussein is 'no threat' and ignores the piles of dead is ignorant, a hypocrite, and, an idiot in my opinion.

Reply to
MrRathburne

You idiot, a ton of people DO want us there. Face it, you are a coward, a leftist wacko, and a pacifist who if you had your way we would be goosestepping to the shrine.

Alot of people didn't want us in France, Germany, England, you name it. Hell, alot of people wanted to stay Tory.

If we listened to wussies like you we would be like you, losers. Thank god we don't and you are confined to whining on an internet train group. Pathetic.

Reply to
MrRathburne

When are you going to start after oBL? Do you accept that it is reasonable for others to go after you when you attack them?

You yanks seem continually to confuse the tasks of "Police", "Judge" and "executioner"!

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Right, all those big corporate guys that you so hate. That includes the oil barrons whom are raping this country. Pacifist my ass, I fought my war. Guess you are too busy typing to fight yours. Get your ass over there and fight pussy or at least send your jerk off kids over there. Let them die and see if you support this f war

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Why ask me about OBL. Ask Dubya or Rathhole. They are the ones supporting this immoral war the Republicans seem to have to have.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Dubya just wants to finish what his daddy started.

Reply to
wannand