I Don't Get It.....

Good Morning All,

For the past several days, there have been many postings by this person, Okie.....whatever. One of the things mentioned was his taking up so much band space with his messages. From the looks of it.....all of you who have bothered to waste time answering him are just as bad. Did I miss something here? Now I know, I am just as guilty....now that I have typed this message, but.....as someone else already suggested.....just ignore him....do not respond. In due time he will go away.......they always have. Besides.....I believe this forum is an AOL forum......contact them about this problem. I realize that all are entilted to their opinions about any subject under or over the sun. If this guy is truely violating the premis of this forum, ignore and report.

Bob

Reply to
EBTBOB

You nailed it, Bob.

I've killfiled him, but everyone keeps responding to the idiot.

I guess I'll have to resort to killing whole threads.

Mike Tennent "IronPenguin" Operating Traffic Lights Crossbucks Special Effects Lighting

Mike Tennent

=>Besides.....I believe this forum is an AOL forum......contact them about this =>problem.

No, this is Usenet, non-commercial, provided courtesy of the original developer of the Internet - your everlovin' government. Pay your taxes with a smile - you get good value for them (better than for AOL's fees anyhow.)

Wolf Kirchmeir ................................. If you didn't want to go to Chicago, why did you get on this train? (Garrison Keillor)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Hi Mike. Can you email me to show me the kill file thing? Thanks, Paul

"Mike Tennent" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
res0xur8

It all depends on your software. I use Agent, which has very powerful filter capabilities.

I note that you use Outlook Express - perhaps another reader can jump in here and say how to do it with that software?

Mike Tennent "IronPenguin" Operating Traffic Lights Crossbucks Special Effects Lighting

Mike Tennent

For OE, to kill posts by a single poster, be in the window for the Usenet group, with the lists of message headers in the top half and the message body from the clown you want to block in the bottom half.

Click "Message", then click "Block Sender" in the Tool bar.

-- Jim McLaughlin

Please don't just hit the reply key. Remove the obvious from the address to reply.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

Usenet is not an AOL fourm AFAICT.

Reply to
MrRathburne

Al Gore invented RMR?!

Reply to
MrRathburne

res0xur8

Reply to
Lou Newell

No, you can access it thru AOL but it is not an AOL forum.

Reply to
JSTONE9352

ROFLMAO! I came here because the AOL model RR forum was DOA or soon after. There is much more life here.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

Jay Cunington wrote: There is much more life here.

----------------------------------------------- Yes. Some intelligent life and, unfortunately, a lot of unintelligent life lately.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

That is true, for if he had been able to do that we wouldn't be in this mess in Iraq.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

"Jerry" wrote

-- Jim McLaughlin

Please don't just hit the reply key. Remove the obvious from the address to reply.

Jim McLaughlin

You are 'obviously' an idiot.

Reply to
MrRathburne

Perhaps you find the fact that we continue to loose soldiers almost daily in Iraq acceptable but I do not. Iraq might have been a ruthless dictatorship but they posed no threat to us. We should concentrate on finding those who attacked us, like OBL, not finishing daddy Bush's war. Dubya has done nothing for this country and doesn't even like Amtrak.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

No, we'd all be learning Chinese.

Don

Reply to
Trainman

Plonk if you wish. There was no reason to go to war in Iraq. They have found nothing of what was suppose to be a threat to the USA. We have a lot of people dead and will substain even more. What a waste this is.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

That is not for certain. This war is for certain. Peace is always the best option.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry