Ignorant question for Saturday

I'm well aware that I'm not the first to claim the world is round.

Define "a lot".

I know what hornstays are - I said 'axle slots' which are the cut-outs into which hornstays are fitted.

Perhaps you should visit NZ and explain your method to any surving steam loco drivers - I'm sure they would be delighted to listen to you. Obviously they never heard of your method because frame fractures in service occurred.

I wasn't aware you couldn't see red!

A reflector with a fitting to hold flares?

Tough call - can one take many thousands of excellent photos without becoming a historian and/or researcher?

Not in the least, but it's the reason I'm building NZR 1:24 scale models at present. A few sheets of plasticard, some strip material, a few basic hand tools and a file box of plans books and mags on the lounge floor. That's how it's been for the last 4 months, no lathe, no milling machine, no drill press ...

Reply to
Greg.P.

I actually like Mork - he's one of those people apparently set on Earth to make everyone else look good!

Reply to
Greg.P.