Is Holgate & Reynolds still around?

Does anyone know if H&R is still around and if they're still making that
styrene, embossed brick material?
-Gerry Leone

Gerry Leone
Most of their dies were stolen by a crack addict who tossed them on the side of the road when he realized there was no scrap value. He has not revealed where they were dumped. They are looking into retooling the dies but that is extremely costly and probably not going to happen.
If you find Holgate & Reynolds material anywhere buy it up because it is not going to be around once it's gone.
Sal
Reply to
Salinas McGee
I understand that they started remaking the dies, but for some reason, it's progressing slowly. Let's hope H&R will resume production in the near future!
Jim
Reply to
Ctyclsscs
=>Does anyone know if H&R is still around and if they're still making that =>styrene, embossed brick material? => => -Gerry Leone =>
Mail me off list, drop the first and last letters in the From/Reply to address. I have a sheet of red small brick, and a sheet of buff stone, plus a kit that supposedly makes a row of four stores. I'm willing o part with the lot for a reasonable price plus postage.
Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir
They also made some HO scale gallery commuter coaches....aren't those theones now marketed by "Two Brothers" or some name like that?
Reply to
Steve Hoskins
Is this for real?? Walthers list H&R items other than their famous brick paper:
Corelane
Yes it is for real. Call them if you want to verify. This event did not effect everything they make just most of the dies.
Sal
Reply to
Salinas McGee
Cost. The dies are several thousand dollars each to make. When they were first made they were very inexpensive. Apparantly the were hand made in zinc originally.
Sal
Reply to
Salinas McGee
If I remember correct, for HO at least, the bricks were somewhat undersized. I think they were designed to 1/8" scale. If they need to remake them it would be good if someone who knows them would suggest they remake them to HO scale.
Reply to
Jon Miller