Jock Oliphant work ?

hi y'all

I am looking for structures built by the late Jock Oliphant, who is know for his mine's and industrial structures.

Would appreciate any info

thanks

Reply to
Asdf Zxcv

If you find anything, please share the information. I would like to find some plans for Jack's flotation mine and build one. He was one of the greatest. Doug

Reply to
Doug

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:29:38 GMT, "Asdf Zxcv" shared this with the world:

I have sent an e-mail to a friend who knew Jock for many years. I'll let you know what he says.

Kent

Reply to
Kent Ashton

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 04:37:55 GMT, Kent Ashton shared this with the world:

I still haven't received a response.

What I do know is that some of Jock's ship models are in a museum collection (In Winnipeg, I think the HMCS Chippewa has them). Some of his structures are in the posession of some of his friends (mostly around Winnipeg IIRC) who were active modellers around the time he was active in railway modelling (which was before he got into model shipbuilding).

Sorry I couldn't find out more for you.

Kent

Reply to
Kent Ashton

Kent, Did you ever see Jack's flotation mine? It was a work of art. I only saw one photo in about a 1974 MR mag. The model had won best in show at some convention. I had always hoped to see more of it. Doug

Reply to
Doug

On 6 Mar 2004 14:07:31 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@rrhq.com (Doug) shared this with the world:

I have seen photos of some of his work - some from a slide/tape clinic that he and Peter Able put together for an NMRA convention wayyy back when. I never met Jock personally. He moved from trains to ships for his modelling before I started in the hobby.

If anyone knows where the majority of Jock's models are today, it would be Peter. NMRA members who are really interested could probably find his snail-mail address in an NMRA member directory.

Kent

Reply to
Kent Ashton