Kato N scale GP38-2 walkway/railings needed

Hello Everyone, I recently purchased two used Kato GP38-2 for my roster/layout. Both engines run very well but the problem is that the original owner tried
to paint them yellow to match the Santafe and there are a few broken railings on each unit. The walkways and railings are one unit on these engines. I was going to touch-up the paint and weather the engines to look like heavily used road units but everything i try to repair the railings fails. These units have some really nice details added and i don't want to put them on the dead track just because of the broken railings. Kato doesn't have any in stock. Does anyone have any idea where i might be able to find two walkway/railing replacements? Does anyone know if these are the same part as the GP50? I was told once they are the same frame. I am not sure of that. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Paul Dickash