LLP2k GP38-2

Has anyone actually received one of these engines yet?

Reply to
mike

Yes - we have one up for sale that was released by Life-Like Canada. You can find a photo of it at our site (see below).

Reply to
Frank Eva

Yes, I have one. (ICG) They arrived Dowunder around 2-3 months ago.

The radiator fans are too small however. Disappointed!

Ian >Has anyone actually received one of these engines yet?

Reply to
Major Mitchell

mike ( snipped-for-privacy@ptdprolog.net) wrote: : Has anyone actually received one of these engines yet?

In the US they were never delivered. A couple were given to Warren Calloway since he provided lots of pics to help LL with paint schemes.

We took them out of the box at the Lake Region Prototype meet. After finding the 40" fans that were supposed to be 48" and other errors a number of folks let LL know. They immediately stopped plans for shipping in the US. Word is that they are fixing the problems and that the revised versions will be out later in the year. The SCL unit I saw had absolutely spectacular painting and detail(other than the fan error). The drive is also much improved and uses what appears to be the same basic components ae the Proto 1000 RS2.

GP38 lovers are going to go broke...

Reply to
S C Sillato