lighting questions.....

I have a small model setup on a shelf in my living room. IM looking for a light (most likely battery powered) that i can mount to the ceiling or just over the model. I would like the light to be sort of ambient (not really bright) and i would like it to turn on when it gets dark and off again when light in the room.

I know they must make such a beast but can anyone steer me in the right direction???

Thanks in advance!!

Reply to
scale

LED lighting would work fine I believe - low consumption - high intensity, if you buy the right ones and able to be run using two AA's I believe

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

Here are a few options that you can try...

1) Use a night light. They are available all over the place - at least here in Canada. Most are AC powered though, but some will now automatically turn on when it gets dark.

2) Wait until the Christmas sales. Lots of cheap LED lights, coloured and white light hit the sales just a few days before Christmas. Battery powered ones are available too. I don't know if they will automatically turn on or not.

3) Make your own. Local stores have started selling solar LED patio lights. Stick them in the ground and they are ready to run. Daylight charges the battery, and darkness turns them on. A hack saw to cut off the plastic leg, and you might want a few other configuration changes so that it suits your layout.

Carolyn

Reply to
Carolyn Marenger

and recharge when light. Reasonable inexpensive too.

John H.

Reply to
John H

There is always track lighting. A few 7W bulbs will do fine for the lighting.

Bob May