Looking for wheel diameter on CIWL Carriages

I have a Revell's H0 scale plastic model kit of one of those carriages. I would like to replace its plastic wheels with more realistic looking Proto 87 metal wheels. The plastic wheels in the kit scale out to about 39" dia. (990mm) but I want to make sure I have the right size before I order the metal wheels.

It is one of the continental carriages built in the 1920s. Like the ones currently used on the restored Orient Express.

TIA, Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

The prototype probably had wheels just over 1 metre diameter, which scales out at 11.5mm. France-Trains/Jouef/Revell's wheels were 11mm which is undersized to offset the large flanges. US 40" wheels would be ok for newly fitted wheels, but nothing bigger.

36" (10.5mm) is definitelty be too small.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Thank you Greg! Peteski