MagLev rail in China

Posted by a friend in another group:

Train took off at 9:20 - arrived at 9:27

Close to 50 Km (31 miles), A Disney ride for adults at USD 6.10 if you have a plane ticket for that day. From Pudong - the new Shanghai across the river from the old Shanghai - to the Pudong airport 45-50 Km away.

Reply to
Steve Caple

I have ridden that train! Talk about fun. I have similar pictures.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

Is this for real? I thought this mag-lev rail line was something that was still being planned/discussed. This indicates it's built and operational.

Reply to
Rick Jones

Built and operational. Takes you from the Pudong Airport to the Pudong Subway Station. From the Subway Station, you will soon be able to get a subway to within 15 min. walk from any point in the city. The plan is to have this in place before some kind of World Expo that happens in 2008 I think.

At this point, you can ride the train to the subway station and catch a cab into Shanghai. There may be some subway lines in operation, but none going to the part of the city that I needed to be in.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

Am Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:44:36 -0600 schrieb Rick Jones:

Have a look, Rick:

I espacially like the comments of the two german tourists - they´re hitting the nail exactl: :-))
On this site you´ll find some nice videos (Transrapid - Shanghai Airport Line, Transrapid - Weltpremiere in Shanghai).
Micha

Reply to
Michael Hirschler