Major Update!!! Missouri Railroad Depots - Now Look for Depots by Rail Line!

Hi All

You can now look for depots by Rail Line. You can see how many Frisco depots I have, for example. I hope this helps your searches for the depots you are interested in.

This was a major project a long time coming. Many thanks go to William Bunch, who has a good background in Missouri Railroad history.

Very early on, your e-mail pointed out to me a major weakness in my site. It needed a search ability. Well, I still don't have a search ability, but at least you can do more now than you could before. Maybe this will help until I can do searches. I also upgraded all my navigation bars. I hope that helps you get around better.

The main problem I had from the beginning was the naming of the depots. I didn't have a stated definition, or guide line. I think that's been taken care of. It's easiest to just copy here the notice that is on my Rail Line List page;

Considerable thought has been given on how to classify these depots by railroad. It was decided that each depot would be listed under the railroad that it would be most associated with. (Generally, the RR that built the structure or used it for the longest period). This would be done by a person with a knowledge of Missouri railroad history. Therefore you won't find any BNSF or UP depots here. Those railroads and others will show up in parentheses as the current operator/successor of the Missouri railroads listed below. Bill Bunch has been primarily responsible for this classification. Questions, clarifications and differences of opinions may be addressed to Bill or me.

*********************************

I hope all of you feel this is a step in the right direction. The Web site is going to keep growing. Right now, I have 68 more depots in my possession waiting for me to have time to post them.

I see no end to this in the near future. The thanks for that goes to all of you that have helped me by sending me copies of Missouri depots you were willing to share.

Thank you all very much.

Jack Forbes

My e-mail address is real. Feel free to use it. I know how to delete spam.

Reply to
Jack Forbes

Jack,

Does Bill hate me now for linking you two up? LOL!

The web site looks wonderful. I still have 180 or so Frisco depots for Missouri for you sooner or later. Bill and I do have some duplicates as we both purchased from Harold Conner.

Take care

Reply to
Art Marsh