model railroad layout for filming 4/19/06

Amen.

And may they not be led again into a needless adventure conceived in fantasy at the behest of NeoCon chickenhawk New American Centurion armchair strategists, and crippled by an administration that gives lip service to listening to commanders in the field but showed its true stripes when they fired Gen Eric Shinseki for not toeing the party line.

Of course some will call that "not supporting our troops", but they can stick _my_ Purple Heart where the sun don't shine.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Ken,

I didn't mean to say that all, or any citizens of the USA are arrogant - least of all the OP (Ben). I simply meant that it sometimes comes across as arrogant when posters write as though the audience is exclusively in the USA. If this was "alt.models.railroad.USA" that would be fine; but not in a worldwide forum.

Through model railroading and the internet, I've made a lot of friends in the USA. I have found them all to be very friendly and generous.

Regards, Ron Australia

***
Reply to
RonMcF

Ouch!! That's cruel. You really know how to hurt a guy! ;-)

I steer well clear of 'aus.rail.models' because I'm totally fed up with the dribble from both sides of that on-going feud. When it spills over into this group I just want to cringe with embarrassment.

Ron Not from NSW

***
Reply to
RonMcF

New idea: How about everyone sticking their respective political claptrap where the sun don't shine?

fl@liner

Reply to
fubar

I agree 100%. Politics .......what a great way to ruin a good discussion.

Ken Day

Reply to
Ken Day
[ Snip ]

A few years ago Bush said the mission was accomplished. I don't believe anything he says any more, but...

We went into Iraq because of WMDs. We took care of that. We wanted a regime change. We took care of that. We wanted them to have democracy. They wrote a constitution and had an election.

Why are we still in Iraq?

Reply to
<wkaiser

A wise decision.

By not finding the WMD? Did you think to look in your magazines? {;^)

Whether the citizens of that country wanted it or not. Interesting concept. Sounds like the way a bully acts in the school yard.

Are they happy with what was forced on their way of life?

Because you can't afford to bring them home?

Reply to
Brian Smith

Why are you political types babbling about Iraq on Rec Models Railroad? You will have your chance in another two years if you do not nominate another loser. Roger Aultman

snipped-for-privacy@mtholyoke.edu wrote:

Reply to
Roger Aultman

Don't know about amazing, but in many cases, it's true. The part of Sydney I live in is often referred to as the "insular penninsula"... :-)

Reply to
mark_newton

Thanks Roger.I was ready to type the same thing , but you said it for me. Get so tired of hearing the same argumant over and over and......

Ken Day

Reply to
Ken Day

Gawd, I am so sick and f-cking tired of hearing that pitiful cant.

All sorts of people, and a lot more generals than the 6 who have spoken out, tried to tell those arrogant NeoCon putzes that they needed to temper their toy soldier (none of whomm ever really served, if they were ever in service at all), chickenhawk, New American Century-on dreams of empire with a little reality and practical wisdom. But Rummy and Cheney and Wolfowitz and Perle and Feith would not listen, or could not hear. Criminal stupidity mixed with criminal greed. Bush is a goddam liar and coward. he should be up on charges for the Valerie Plame affair. Leaking the name of a US intelligence agent for political revenge purposes is just plain criminal and treasonous.

Reply to
Steve Caple

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 23:51:26 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Steve Caple instead replied:

Steve,

I'm retired from the US military and served two tours in Vietnam and retired just after the first Gulf War. I have relatives in Iraq and Afghanistan today who I trust to carry the burden for the rest of America just like I did while I was more capable than I am today. I pray for them constantly.

I say the present administration did everything exactly right.

Don't get your knickers in a knot. I'm not planning on arguing with you. I'm really just playing the Devil's advocate. But, here's the rub. It doesn't matter who is correct - you or me. What is now is just what is now and nothing more.

It doesn't make my trains run any better or worse. If you have a strong beef with government, take it up with your Congressman or Senators. Not here, mate. Let's discuss our big boy toys for a while. This is a place to relax.

Can I buy you a beer?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Maybe, now, with 60+% of the population enlightened, we won't elect the loser next time.

Reply to
<wkaiser

I have full confidence that the democrats will once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory with a liberal canidate. Roger Aultman

snipped-for-privacy@mtholyoke.edu wrote:

Reply to
Roger Aultman

mark_newton spake thus:

... pronounced "insular peninsular", right?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Something like that. It's the 'bogan' pronunciation, not English. ;-)

Reply to
mark_newton

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:35:21 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and David Nebenzahl instead replied:

Probably more like" insulah penninsulah." They call for a "beah" when they want a cold brew down here.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Yeah, that's pretty close. Where'd you learn to speak bogan? :-)

LOL! That, or a stubby, or a tinnie, or a coldie, or a schooner, or a middy!

Cheers,

Mark.

Reply to
mark_newton

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:24:22 +1000, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and mark_newton instead replied:

I was raised by dingoes. It's why I have this funny accent and a craving for Aussie lamb!

Or a VB. When I first moved here in 1999, my friends told me I wasn't too bad for a seppo. I never inquired about the word until one day my wife (Perth girl) was present when it was used. She later informed me as to the origin. I had a good laugh. They still tell me that same thing. I've found some pretty good mates down here.

As to my favorite Aussie beah? Well, I love that brew called Pure Blonde by Carlton. No guilt, no gut.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

So you complain about political postson this NG, then follow up with one. Odd.

Dale

Reply to
Dale