Model Railroad Design

I'm looking for a good model railroad design service to help me with with a design for a new layout. I'd rather not learn everything "the
hard way", which can be expensive and time consuming. And, I'd rather concentrate on building and operating as soon as I could.
Anyone out there had a good experience and would be willing to make a recommendation? Thanks much!
Jim
Jim wrote: I'm looking for a good model railroad design service to help me with with a design for a new layout. I'd rather not learn everything "the hard way", which can be expensive and time consuming. And, I'd rather concentrate on building and operating as soon as I could. Anyone out there had a good experience and would be willing to make a recommendation? Thanks much ------------------------------------------------------- Don Cardiff has been around for a long time. I haven't used his services. Maybe someone else can provide more information. Don Cardiff's website:
http://www.dctrains.com /
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire http://www.billsrailroad.net
It was just last month I spoke with Don's ex wife that lives in the Prescott area now. She stated that her son's now run the company but I think the web site is still the same?
-- Phil Anderson Up hill slow, down hill fast, tonnage first, safety last.

[[ This message was both posted and mailed: see the "To," "Cc," and "Newsgroups" headers for details. ]]
Jim, Check out this site: http://www.kudzucompany.com/lds/samples/betterbeginnerlayout.htm .
There is a good example of some of their ideas illustrated in their project shortline layout "The Heart of Georgia RR" (HOGRR).
Regards, Bill Nielsen Oakland Park, FL