Model Railroading in Esperanto?

I was wondering if there were any Esperantist Model Railroaders out there. I'm looking for someone who's actually modeled a railroad to
discuss Esperanto terms with.
Dave Rutan
On Sun, 3 May 2009 16:28:23 -0700 (PDT), Dave Rutan

Dave, I just have to ask this question.
Why? -- Ray

It's a hobby. I'll admit though that my hobbies make a lot of people ask 'why.'
On Sun, 3 May 2009 18:17:36 -0700 (PDT), Dave Rutan

Fair enough. It's just that Esperanto is by and large considered a failed language attempt. Seems a waste of time to learn it. Sort of like learning Klingon.
If there isn't an Esperanto word for something, there are rules as to how to make one up. Do you have the grammar texts? -- Ray

nuqjatlh!
--
Robert Heller -- 978-544-6933
On Sun, 03 May 2009 21:25:42 -0500, Robert Heller

Bless you! Wipe that stuff from your nose, mate. -- Ray

I'll just say that for those who know the language, it's not a failure. The internet has really allowed us to easily network.
I've got lots of grammar texts. I was looking for another Esperantist Model Railroader to help form more of a consensus. Straight translators have rarely given me a better answer than one I came up with after some considerable thought.
On Mon, 04 May 2009 09:54:33 +0800, Ray Haddad wrote:

I've always thought of it as the linguistic equivalent of Scamentology in religion, or Lyndon Larouche in politics.
--
Steve

No. There's no real cultish aspects to it. I have fun with it.
In article

Perhaps I'm really dense. What does language have to do with railroading?
--
just Bob
___________

I suspect the OP wants to 'practice' his language skills as they relate to railroading. In terms of how railroading terminology would 'translate' to Esperanto, as in how one might refer to things on a railroad in Esperanto or express various railroading situations in Esperanto.

--
Robert Heller -- 978-544-6933

I guess it could make for some interesting names and wording on the boxcars and such.
--
just Bob

I was looking for a model railroader, such as myself, who also spoke Esperanto so that we could come up with a sort of glossary of model railroading terms together. I can do it myself, pretty much, but I was hoping for some outside input.
I model the Lackawanna Sussex Branch in HO. I've got 2 2foot by 4 foot modules of Franklin and Andover stations and a layout in progress with Netcong, Newton and Branchville planned. I like to run short freights and milk trains.
Dave -- The First Railroad in Sussex County New Jersey http://DLW-SussexBranch.com Monomania can be a good thing

pro kio? pro kio neapartigebla!
--
just Bob