Model Train Biz Auction - Hudson Valley NY + Live Online

Note to all: I am in no way associated with this business. I am posting this as a favor to a friend whose husband died this summer, and the contents of his model train store and online business (Flying Scotsman Hobbies) are going to be auctioned off on Saturday December 9 to settle the estate.

The auction will be held in Pleasant Valley, NY (the Hudson Valley area north of New York City), and the auction company is also conducting the auction live on their web site for online bidding.

For the latest information, please go to the auction company's web site at:

The following is the current information as posted on their site:

Annual Gala Estate Auction - Ring 2 - Model Train Collection (Internet Bidding Available)

DATE: Saturday, December 9th, 2006 at 6:00PM EST

LOCATION: Absolute Auction Realty

45 South Avenue Pleasant Valley, NY 12569

PREVIEW/INSPECTION DATES: Friday, December 8th, 2006

3:00 - 8:00 PM

Saturday, December 9th, 2006

3:00 - 6:00 PM

AUCTION DETAILS:

Unreserved Public Auction Thousands of Model Trains & Accessories To Settle the Estate of Peter King (Flying Scotsman Hobbies) Online Preview & Catalog Will Be Listed on Our Website Starting December 7 @ 6 PM This Auction Will Include Live Internet Bidding! (pre-registration required)

Reply to
mjm

As much as Peter was a great asset to rec.models.railroad, I got spammed directly with this message in my in box without invitation... did anyone else?

I did not ask to receive it, nor did it come from Peter... that's for sure.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Mark:

As a favor to Peter's widow, I posted this on 4 Usenet groups (this one plus three others that were in alt.models.railroad.xxx). I also found some Yahoo model train groups and posted there, and most of them required Moderators to review and approve first. If you get new postings on those Yahoo groups sent to your email address, then that could appear to be spam.

Other than that, that's all I personally did. I know nothing about trains and only met Peter a few times. However, I've known his wife for over 30 years now, so I was just trying to help her out in a difficult time.

I abhor spam as much as any> As much as Peter was a great asset to rec.models.railroad, I got spammed

Reply to
mjm

```````` Geeeeeeeeeez.....

Under the circumstances and all, couldn't you let your fanatical fear of receiving a single piece of what you call spam slide without comment?!

Some people . . .

"Paul - The CB&Q Guy" (Modeling The Late 1960's in HO.)

Reply to
The CB&Q Guy

I post messages with my actual e-mail address, so I certainly don't have a "fanatical fear" of spam. Despite what you wrote.

Reply to
Mark Mathu