mth couplers compatibility?

Hi everybody I am going to build an O scale 2 rail shelf switching layout, and I am interested in the upcoming MTH Premier 0-4-0

. The remote uncouplers and sound are a special drawcard. However, does anyone on the group have any knowledge of how the couplers will work with other brands? All my freight cars have been laboriously equiped with KDs. Thanks in advance malcolm giles

Reply to
malcolmg

After reading the specifications it sounds like this engine is three rail but capable of being converted to two rail. At least that is what I assume "Proto-Scale 3-2 3-Rail/2-Rail Conversion Capable" means. As such I would suspect that you might need to replace the installed couplers with Kadees.

Of course we have the three rail equipment > Hi everybody

Reply to
Kevin