MRC Dual Pack 770N Question

Just recently bought a Dual Pack 770N at a Flee Market for $3.00 Can't go wrong with that price Only problem is that I didn't realize
it was fo N guage. Can I run HO with this powersupply? I guess I can't see the difference. M
mstrspy wrote:

Check the output specs, they should be printed on the outside of the case. If it delivers 12VDC and 500ma or more, you can run two or more recent (eg Proto2000, Kato, etc) locos with it. Only one older Athearn, though, they're power hogs.
If it doesn't show the amperage for the DC output, check the total power output. If it's 7VA or more, you're OK to use it with HO, but 7VA is minimal power (about 1/2amp at 12VDC, zero AC demand.)
This p/p will not be adequate as a booster for a DCC district, however.
The MRC 770N is rated as #1: 12v DC/15v AC, 8va. #2: 12v DC/12v DC, 8va. This is a nice power pack. I've used one for 25 years (on N scale). It should be fine for HO.
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire http://www.billsrailroad.net
Thanks for all of your help. M
On 19 Nov 2005 13:36:00 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MRPics http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintageHO