MTH ITAD

I'm trying to set up a simple on / off accessory using the MTH ITAD. I hook one wire to common the other to Normally Open - The accessory does not
shut off. If I hook one wire to common and the other to Normally Closed the accessory does not come on. This is the case for both track power and Aux power. I adjusted the Delay setting and sensitive setting with no luck.
Would appreciate any help you can give.
Jim
Does it do the same with no power to the ITAD?