N Scale Turntable

Hey there, I've been searching for a decent N scale turntable that doesn't cost an extrordinary amount. (Under $150.00) yet isn't a piece of crap.
Any suggestions?

Peco?
As purchased it's manual but there have been several articles on motorising it.

The Kato motorized turntable always gets good reviews, and while not cheap, is supposed to be worth the investment. I believe it is actually made by Fleischmann.
--
Dave Fossett
Saitama, Japan
Jeff wrote:

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:13:32 -0600, Jim Bernier

Do you actually need the turntable indexing?
If you use one of the adjustable motor/gear combinations eg Micro Mark's you could use a regular throttle and the good old US standard eyeball.
I once saw a P4 (4mm exact scale) layout using prototypes from the 1830s and 1840s (Mike Sharman's Bogsworth Junction, in England), and he used the same throttle for the trains and turntable, switching between the two.
I don't know how much practice it took, but he lined the tracks up OK each time. If he overshot slightly he just backed up to get it right.

Hey jef check this out - A Walthers turntable for looks with an Atlas turntable underneath for drive & indexing:
http://kg0wx.users.50megs.com/turntable.html
Hop that helps,
Ken Bessler Design Services Company
Ken Bessler wrote:

So long as you don't mind that Geneva motion hiccup every 15 or 11 degrees.
--
Steve Caple

Good idea. Now I can put that atlas thing to work (got it as a gift some time ago)
TG

doesn't
crap.
I'm not too terribly worried about indexing. Would be nice, but not really necessary. Thanks for the info though, gave me quite a few leads.
Jeff