Name Change/New look for Model Railroader magazine

Name Change/New look for Model Railroader magazine
This was sent to me. It kind of hits a nerve, doesan't it?

Eric
Reply to
Eric
Yup, that of certain "educators".
Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir
It is amazing what kids can do with computers? Roger Aultman
Eric wrote:
Reply to
Roger Aultman
Man. This dude should go into the textbook business. He could make a fortune selling this kind of stuff to Texas schools now that we are in the process of dumbing down to the lowest common denominator.
BH
Reply to
Bob Hardy
Hilarious!
Texas Pete
Reply to
Pete Kerezman
I get a "page not found" error.
Did you remove the picture?
Reply to
Ken Rice

| I get a "page not found" error.
Here is another link;
OR

Scroll down about two thirds.
CTucker NY
Reply to
Christian
On 8 Jul 2005 07:55:28 -0700, "Eric" claims:
Not really:
Not Found The requested URL /tuckerfolio/outcome05.jpg was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Cordially, Ken (NY)
email:
spammers can send mail to snipped-for-privacy@ftc.gov
Reply to
Ken [NY]
I get an error message:
You step in the stream, But the water has moved on. This page is not here.
What gives? Froggy,
Reply to
Froggy
Strangley that URL doesn't work. 8-)
Regards,
Craig.
Reply to
C. Dewick
Well it did as I've a copy of it in my cache.
-- Cheers Roger T.
Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.
Like Craig, I got a 404 error
Khris
Reply to
Khris
Maybe this will help tell you why you can't see it?
Rod
Reply to
Rod Wodonga
Try
Colin 't Hart
Christian:
Thanks for the help with the alternative site for the graphic.
I guess the owner of the orginal site got too many hits and shut down or perhaps a visit from the Milwaukee Mafia threatening his kneecaps with a pot metal big boy . ;-)
Eric
Reply to
Eric
| I guess the owner of the orginal site got too many hits and shut down | or perhaps a visit from the Milwaukee Mafia threatening his kneecaps | with a pot metal big boy . ;-)
[BLUSHING]
Well, the rest of the story. The missing site is me. I found the mag cover on yet another group. It had no credits. I posted it on my little unfinished site and gave the URL to a tiny Yahoo group. Since I had pirated the image, I took it down in twenty four hours.
I took it down not knowing that it was making its way across the internet. When I found that rmr was involved I went in search of the "real" posting. No luck beyond the thread on the Railwire which I posted here. With Colin 't Hart's deconstruction with Tom Mann's site as the result, I think we now know the credit.
It's darned funny.
CTucker NY
Reply to
Christian
I found it here:
Bob Boudreau
Reply to
Railfan
Dear folks: The cover was really funny, and I was going to post and say so, but I ended up reading the latest MR and it was really pretty good, for the second month in a row, no less!
Cordially yours, Gerard P. President, The Sparta Railroad.
Reply to
pawlowsk002
Okay, who wants to to send the url to Terry Thompson?
Eric
Reply to
Eric
They must have seen it by now ;-).
If they don't take themselves too seriously, they all had a good chuckle over it (and maybe took the point as "reader feedback", too).
-- Kizhe
Reply to
Lt. Kizhe Catson