New UP Locomotive

The new new Gorge H.W. Bush Locomotive is a rather nice looking even if I made fun of it. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

It *is* a good looking paint job that, with a few minor changes, would make a nice livery for a freelanced model railway.

However, the thing takes the sycophant's art to a new low. I hope Richard "Little Dick" Davidson & Brenda "Battleaxe" Mainwaring like the taste of Bush butt, 'cause they sure are kissin; it hard. Of course, this "honoring" of Daddy could not possibly be thought of as currying Junior's favor. Yeah, ..........Right!

Froggy,

Reply to
Froggy

Reply to
Paul

I heard it pukes up its crankcase when you try and pull auto racks with japanese cars behind it.

They're also doing a Bush II but you can't switch with it. It can push cars into a siding but can't pull them out because it doesn't have an exit strategy.

Eric

Reply to
newyorkcentralfan

There is a problem with that?

Not entirely correct. You can pull them out, you just have to wait until they are loaded/unloaded and the job is finished. Froggy,

Reply to
Froggy

There was going to be a DNC locomotive, too, but the only thing it would do was keep moving to the left no matter what the engineer did, and the horn sounded like "Yeeeeeeeeee-haw!"

Reply to
Joe Ellis

I certainly hope the UP is paying us for the use of the presidential seal on their locomotive.

Ken Harst>

The new new Gorge H.W. Bush

Reply to
Ken Harstine

I believe all rights that particular trademark were purchased by Halliburton in 2001.

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.verizon.net, Ken Harstine at snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote on 10/20/05 3:13 PM:

Reply to
Edward A. Oates

How did the White House get it back from all the fat cats Clinton sold one night stays in the Lincoln bedroom to?

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Each occupant of the White House  sells different things at different times. And governments, business, labor, and interest groups being what they are, only sell rights for a limited time: until the current resident of the White House moves out or otherwise loses the ability to influence events.

Note that many of these same rights are sold multiple times simultaneously to the White House, both houses of Congress, the Press and any other influential people or organizations. This is not a monothestic culture...

in article BF7DC2D1.3D966% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net, Brian Paul Ehni at snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote on 10/20/05 7:55 PM:

Reply to
Edward A. Oates

I think you're referring to the wrong side of the body.....

Kennedy

Reply to
Kennedy (no longer not on The Haggis!)

"Not entirely correct. You can pull them out, you just have to wait until they are loaded/unloaded and the job is finished."

But then you have to trailer them out on flatbeds with trucks because the railroad forgot them and pulled up the tracks.

Eric

Reply to
newyorkcentralfan

Hah hah hah... I just saw an an article in the NY Times which said that a White House lawyer sent a letter to The Onion (a satirical newspaper) asking them to stop using the presidential seal on its web site. The lawyer cited the United States Code and said that the presidential seal "is not to be used in connection with commercial ventures or products in any way that suggests presidential support or endorsement."

I guess there are exceptions to everything.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Bruce=A0Favinger wrote:

The new new Gorge H.W. Bush Locomotive is a rather nice looking even if I made fun of it. Bruce

-------------------------------------------------- Overland Models will have this and the other UP locomotives (MP, WP, etc.) in N scale. See pix at Broklyn Locomotive Works:

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
to 1,100 sites: