New UP Locomotive

http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu/trains/4141.php The new new Gorge H.W. Bush Locomotive is a rather nice looking even if I made fun of it. Bruce

It *is* a good looking paint job that, with a few minor changes, would make a nice livery for a freelanced model railway.
However, the thing takes the sycophant's art to a new low. I hope Richard "Little Dick" Davidson & Brenda "Battleaxe" Mainwaring like the taste of Bush butt, 'cause they sure are kissin; it hard. Of course, this "honoring" of Daddy could not possibly be thought of as currying Junior's favor. Yeah, ..........Right!
Froggy,
Froggy @ thepond..com wrote:

I think you're referring to the wrong side of the body.....
Kennedy
Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
I bet if it pulls a train with broccoli it derails........ VBG!! Paul in the Hurricane State

I heard it pukes up its crankcase when you try and pull auto racks with japanese cars behind it.
They're also doing a Bush II but you can't switch with it. It can push cars into a siding but can't pull them out because it doesn't have an exit strategy.
Eric
On 20 Oct 2005 02:12:41 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com"

There is a problem with that?

Not entirely correct. You can pull them out, you just have to wait until they are loaded/unloaded and the job is finished. Froggy,
Froggy wrote:
"Not entirely correct. You can pull them out, you just have to wait until they are loaded/unloaded and the job is finished."
But then you have to trailer them out on flatbeds with trucks because the railroad forgot them and pulled up the tracks.
Eric

There was going to be a DNC locomotive, too, but the only thing it would do was keep moving to the left no matter what the engineer did, and the horn sounded like "Yeeeeeeeeee-haw!"
I certainly hope the UP is paying us for the use of the presidential seal on their locomotive.
Ken Harstine
snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net says...

Ken Harstine
I believe all rights that particular trademark were purchased by Halliburton in 2001.
in article snipped-for-privacy@news.verizon.net, Ken Harstine at snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote on 10/20/05 3:13 PM:

--
Ed Oates
http://homepage.mac.com/edoates

How did the White House get it back from all the fat cats Clinton sold one night stays in the Lincoln bedroom to?
--
Brian Ehni

Each occupant of the White House sells different things at different times. And governments, business, labor, and interest groups being what they are, only sell rights for a limited time: until the current resident of the White House moves out or otherwise loses the ability to influence events.
Note that many of these same rights are sold multiple times simultaneously to the White House, both houses of Congress, the Press and any other influential people or organizations. This is not a monothestic culture...
in article BF7DC2D1.3D966% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net, Brian Paul Ehni at snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote on 10/20/05 7:55 PM:

--
Ed Oates
http://homepage.mac.com/edoates

Hah hah hah... I just saw an an article in the NY Times which said that a White House lawyer sent a letter to The Onion (a satirical newspaper) asking them to stop using the presidential seal on its web site. The lawyer cited the United States Code and said that the presidential seal "is not to be used in connection with commercial ventures or products in any way that suggests presidential support or endorsement."
I guess there are exceptions to everything.
BruceFavinger wrote: http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu/trains/4141.php The new new Gorge H.W. Bush Locomotive is a rather nice looking even if I made fun of it. Bruce -------------------------------------------------- Overland Models will have this and the other UP locomotives (MP, WP, etc.) in N scale. See pix at Broklyn Locomotive Works:
http://www.blwnscale.com/Overland%20Models%20SD70ACe.htm
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Brief History of N Scale: http://www.billsrailroad.net/history/n-scale Model Railroad Bookstore: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore Resources--Links to 1,100 sites: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links Bill's Halloween Page: http://www.billsrailroad.net/halloween