Numb3rs

This Friday, Feb 25th trains will be the main focus of a madman on the CBS television show called 'Numb3rs'

Reply to
Drew

But it's set in LA, so how is it relevant to nyc.transit?

Anyway they used up the possibilities of "mathematician solves crime" pretty quickly, and now it's just an ordinary detective series with a jock brother, a smart brother, and a wise old dad who cleans up after them.

Reply to
Peter T. Daniels

You would describe Rob Morrow as a jock? His agent will be pleased to hear that. He's best known for his role as Joel Fleischman on "Northern Exposure", and second-best known for attempting to wriggle out of his contract for a would-be movie career. Actually, I thought some of the writing on that show improved a bit when they were motivated to express the producers' irritation at the actor's shenannigans.

It's too bad. Numbers has a good cast, but the show is terribly boring.

Reply to
Adam H. Kerman

"Adam H. Kerman" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@puvarg.puvarg.pbz:

Unless you happen to know some calculus ;)

Reply to
u. nho hu

Compared to David Krumholtz, he's a jock. And Peter McNichol is there to make David Krumholz look masculine -- just as Fred Astaire was partnered with Edward Everett Horton and Eric Blore (the perennial butler character).

Reply to
Peter T. Daniels

I had only two years of calculus and my brain is rusty on the subject. However, they flash the numbers by too quickly for me to be able to tell if they are related in any way to what is being discussed. Unlike the character, the equations don't flash before my eyes.

Reply to
Adam H. Kerman

"Adam H. Kerman" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@puvarg.puvarg.pbz:

Likewise. In fact the math they use is more statistical in nature.

Probably because they aren't. Why cast pearls before swine, after all.

I thought the wind load simulation was pretty flashy. I bet they have an episode about the threat of metal fatigue in a famous suspension bridge already in the can. p=2.6 or was that q? I got lost behind the profs thick new delhi accent in statistics class...

Reply to
u. nho hu