Delta trailing truck drawings?

Hi, I am looking for scale drawings of Commonwealth delta locomotive trailing trucks. Please respond if you know of any drawings out there.
I've tried google and the model train magazine index without much luck.
Thanks, Patrick

Back in the mid 70s Live Steam Magazine was publishing a set of plans for the Southern PS-4 pacific and for a 4-8-4, maybe UP or SP. These were reproductions of the prototype drawings in about 3/8" scale. These may still be available.
The New York Central Historical Society sells copies of many of the original NYC loco drawings. If you know which NYC engine had the delta truck you want, you could order the drawing(s) for it if they have them.
I believe they charge by the square foot, and members get half off. If you order several drawings you'll come out ahead by joining first. Their website is: http://www.nycshs.org /
--
Bill Kaiser
snipped-for-privacy@mtholyoke.edu
Patrick wrote:

One source of drawings would be the steam-era editions of the "Locomotive Cyclopedia", published by Simmons-Boardman between 1922 and 1947. This was an railroad industry reference book which covered steam locomotive design, appliances and accessories, in great detail.
Reprints of the Cyclopedia were published by Newton K. Gregg, and Raildriver also have facsimile volumes available on CD-ROM.
http://www.raildriver.com/index.php
Another possibility would be the manufacturers, General Steel Castings/GSI, if they are still in business.
All the best,
Mark.

I've got a 1930 reprint. There is one side elevation and one half-plan view drawing of a short-wheelbase 4-wheel Commonwealth cast steel trailing truck for a Milwaukee Road F-6 Baltic. The caption for these drawings do not list this truck as a "Delta" type, although the truck seems to have all the Delta characteristics - integrated one piece steel casting with provisions for axle boxes and equalization. There are photos of a two wheel Delta truck, and a couple different style typical longer wheel base (one on a NYC Hudson) 4-wheel Delta trucks, all with the "Delta" clearly called out in the captions. Gary Q
replying to Geezer, Hobby Steamer wrote: did you by chance also find two wheel Delta drawings somewhere?

I've got a 1930 reprint. There is one side elevation and one half-plan view drawing of a short-wheelbase 4-wheel Commonwealth cast steel trailing truck for a Milwaukee Road F-6 Baltic. The caption for these drawings do not list this truck as a "Delta" type, although the truck seems to have all the Delta characteristics - integrated one piece steel casting with provisions for axle boxes and equalization. There are photos of a two wheel Delta truck, and a couple different style typical longer wheel base (one on a NYC Hudson) 4-wheel Delta trucks, all with the "Delta" clearly called out in the captions. Gary Q
Patrick,
From my 1941 Loco Cyc I have plan and elevation drawings and photos of four-wheel Commonwealth Delta Type made by General Steel Castings Corp. There are also 3/4 photos of two-wheel Deltas but no drawings.
If you'll send me your email address, I'll scan you what I have.
Bob Johnson