Looking for CV caboose drawing

Hello, I am looking for a good drawing of the Central Vermont steam-era wood-sided caboose (sorry CN fans, "van"). It was pretty much like the CN caboose except for some details, especially the windows which are totally different.

According to Model Train Index, there is a CV caboose drawing in the Feb. '53 MR, on page 61. If anyone would be willing to scan or photocopy that page and send it my way, I'd sure appreciate it!

Thanks, Patrick

Reply to
Patrick

The referenced drawing accompanied a construction article by Eric Stevens in the "Dollar Car" series. This article was reprinted in the old Kalmbach soft-cover book "Build Your Own Model Cars and Locos". The plan is for C.V. #4016, a 36' 6" long car with 3 windows on the sides and an off-center cupola having 6 small side windows. The small plan includes one side and one end elevation in 3.5 mm : 1' scale. If this is what you are seeking, I'll try to do a scan and email a .jpg to the address in your posting. The whole article is 4.25 pages with lots of detail sketches (all with dimensions converted to nearest fraction of an inch for building the car in HO). Would the article be of use too? Geezer

Reply to
Geezer

The whole article would be great... sent you an email too, so you could just reply to that if it gets through.

Thanks Geezer! Patrick

Geezer wrote:

Reply to
Patrick