old photos of u.s. army trains

I am working on a photo collage on the life of my grandfather and one story he tells is traveling on a U.S. Army train from the east coast out to a base in Colorado during the Second World War.

Does anyone know where I can find some pictures of troop transport trains in the U.S. at that time? Preferably showing some recruits and soldiers?

Thanks in advance,

Josh

Reply to
Josh

| Does anyone know where I can find some pictures of troop transport | trains in the U.S. at that time? Preferably showing some recruits and | soldiers?

Do a Google Image search on "troop train" with no quote marks. You'll get a lot of boy scout photos, and a lot of WWII troop train photos. Keep going, after it seems nothing but boy scouts, there are more WWII photos again.

CTucker NY

Reply to
Christian

Josh wrote: I am working on a photo collage on the life of my grandfather and one story he tells is traveling on a U.S. Army train from the east coast out to a base in Colorado during the Second World War. Does anyone know where I can find some pictures of troop transport trains in the U.S. at that time? Preferably showing some recruits and soldiers?

--------------------------------------------------- A good book, "America's Fighting Railroads" has 148 pages with over 200 photos:

Some sites with photos/info:

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
's Books and Toy Trains:
to 1,000 sites:

Bill

Josh wrote: I am working on a photo collage on the life of my grandfather and one story he tells is traveling on a U.S. Army train from the east coast out to a base in Colorado during the Second World War. Does anyone know where I can find some pictures of troop transport trains in the U.S. at that time? Preferably showing some recruits and soldiers?

--------------------------------------------------- Here's another book, "United States Military Railway Service":

"America's Fighting Railroads":

Here's a pix of the cover:

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
's Books and Toy Trains:
to 1,000 sites:

Bill

I received a Schrader's Railroad Catalog a few days ago. It advertises a

3-volume video set called "War Trains," described as "the comprehensive history of railroads during wartime, from the Civil War to the Vietnam War. ..." It's $40 for VHS, $20 for DVD. If you want to check it out, or other books and videos they might have, their website is
Bill McC.
Reply to
Bill McCutcheon