painting a train help

I am looking for some ref websites to help me paint a Locomotive. I am looking for weathering and basic paint and finish help. New to train modeling. Thanks Bill Wesley

Reply to
Bill Wesley

Bill Wesley wrote: I am looking for some ref websites to help me paint a Locomotive. I am looking for weathering and basic paint and finish help. New to train modeling.

--------------------------------------------------------- I believe NMRA might have something:

An inexpensive book, "Basic Painting and Weathering" by Jeff Wilson:

This book is 35% off list and includes free shipping on orders over $25.

When I began painting locomotives, I started with inexpensive freight cars and moved on to buying body shells to paint so I wouldn't make a mess of an expensive locomotive.

Good luck! I'm sure your efforts will be well rewarded with satisfaction.

Bill Bill's Railroad Empire

BillsRREmpire

I never cease to be amazed about the knowledge and resource links you have, literally, at your fingertips. The links you come up with, so quickly, are always on point.

Thank you for the time and effort you put in providing all of us with information.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

Jim McLaughlin replied: I never cease to be amazed about the knowledge and resource links you have, literally, at your fingertips. The links you come up with, so quickly, are always on point. Thank you for the time and effort you put in providing all of us with information.

Thanks, Jim! Keeps my mind occupied and keeps me off the streets.

Two nice compliments today. One by Brad H. in another posting and now, the one by you, Jim. I'll float away!

Bill Bill's Railroad Empire

BillsRREmpire