Pentagon Wars told truth

Have you seen the movie Pentagon Wars on HBO. Tells the story of the design and building of the Bradly for the US Army. Only took 17 years and 14 Billion dollars and they didn't even have it yet. The first ones they built were turned down by the Israel army as death traps. Finally, this one guy, thru the Senate Arms committe, forces the Army to test it under actual fire and it exploded. Had they not tested it correctly they would have built it as originally planned and 70,000 US troops (estimate) would have died in them in the next war which turned out to have been Desert Storm. They finally redesigned it. Shows what a bunch of jerks run the Pentagon. American greed and corruption at it's finest

Reply to
Okiechoochoo

So whats new? The WWII Sherman tank had a nickname of "Ronson Lighter". Guess why?

The US military doesn't have a hold on poor or faulty designs for weapon systems either. As after bailouts the Germans descovering maybe an explosive detachment device was called for to remove rear propeller of a fighter - so pilot could bail out without being shredded.

Reply to
Charles Seyferlich

Really, now that is funny, stupid Germans. I would think that would have been and obvious danger

Reply to
Okiechoochoo

Production Do335s - all three of them - had an early form of ejector seat, as did one or two other advanced German designs of the period. What you are referring to were "versuchs" machines, production prototypes without the full range of features. Recommended practice was to roll the aeroplane onto it's back if you needed to step outside...

Reply to
Mark Newton

salvé "Okiechoochoo" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

The swedes invented the ejector seatprecisely because of this problem. Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

Would somebody PLEASE explain to me what the f**k this has to do with model trains????????

Reply to
chooch

And this deals with model railroading how?

So now you're not even bothering to hijack existing topics...

Joe Ellis ? CEO Bethlehem-Ares Railroad ___a________n_mmm___mmm_mmm_mmm___mmm_mmm_mmm___mmm_n______ ___|8 8B| ___ /::::: / /::::X/ /:::::/ /:::::/|| ||__BARR| | | /::::::/ /:::::X /:::::/ /:::::/ ||

---------------------------------------------------------------- [(=)=(=)=(=)=(=)] |_________________________| [(=)=(=)=(=)=(=)] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Serving America's Heartland Since 1825

Reply to
Joe Ellis

It doesn't. Too bad this group is unmoderated.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Nothing, of course. And the original poster gets his jollies and gets off on each actual user of this group who posts as you do.

I am as angered and annoyed as you are about the off topic political posts.

But I do a "block sender" on the original posters to get rid of their stuff and usually do an "Ignore Messages / Do not Display" on followups.

At a minimum, block the original poster on the group and do not give in to the temptation to respond indignantly to the original sender.

If you respond publically on the group, you are only feeding the troll.

-- Jim McLaughlin

Please don't just hit the reply key. Remove the obvious from the address to reply.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

Absolutely nothing you jerk, I thought you would know that

Reply to
Okiechoochoo

What does this mean?

Reply to