Re: Very bad news today in RMS's extended modelling community of Lancaster PA

" WmB" wrote in news:j6kUg.9353$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

>> WmB wrote: > Further good news comes out of FL on how the cops handled that > copkiller. 68 wounds, 110 shots fired. I'd like to think the cops were > sending a msg that they're going to handle these sort of things in the > street where the courts let it slide - but I'm sure it's just a > temporary moment of sobriety. > > WmB > > >

Ah yeah. Kinda knew how that one was gonna come out. Killed a cop and his dog? Ain't no way he's gonna get a day in court.

And good on the cops for the solution, too.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Ain't no way he's

Always assuming of course there is 100% certainty this was the guy they wanted. Satisfying though it often is, vigilante justice carries certain risks..

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

Mystery solved - turns out he was a sicko molester from way back and wanted more. The big question now is whether he was copycatting the CO incident and if so, what we're going to do about it before the next one starts having bad dreams.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

OK....lets review. The guy was hiding under a fallen tree very near the spot where one officer was killed, one wounded, and a police dog was also gunned down. The suspect would not show himself when directed. He was seen pointing his gun at the advancing police officers. What would you have them do; put down their guns and ask him pretty-please to not shoot them, put down his gun, and come out whenever he feels he's ready?

There's no rule of law that says the cop has to take the first bullet just to make sure the perp was really intending to shoot him.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

The quote from the Sheriff in my Sunday paper was, "That's all the bullets we had or we would have shot him more." Telling it as it is.

Reply to
Jack Bohn

How do you know when that could happen? We can't put all of us in jail. He sure didn't show his wife any signs although I'm sure she'll spend the rest of her life wondering if she missed seeing something.

I hope something distracts the newspeople soon. I have no idea what's happening in the rest of the world because the locals and all the Philly stations aren't giving it a rest. Even the fricking commercials aren't any relief as most of them around newstime are political. And it's getting awfully dirty on the airwaves!

On a related note, I hope they don't let Foley off because of 'alcohol'. That would be the height of stupidity. I also hope they come down hard on any of those who should have put a stop to him because they knew he was odd. Doing otherwise makes them no better than those bishops who let predator priests slide.

Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I think it was Elmer Keith who used to write a column on hand gunning for the old "Guns & Ammo" magazine who said: "For serious social work you can't beat a .45".

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

The thing that bugs me is, a number of former pages have been interviewed and several said that they were warned about Foley when they started the program. If that's so, then some on the other side of the Isle also knew about his "problem". So why did they wait till now to make a stink?? Oh that's right, it's just before an election!

Bill Shuey registered cynic

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I love that line!

Reply to
Rufus

There's no doubt that the other side is going to make hay on this but I agree that some had to have known. The whole rotten group should resign without regard to party affiliation. Few of them will be missed as the Congress as a whole doesn't possess a spine to speak of.

Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Oh, I was thinking short term response in the form of beefing up school security to nip any follow on killers who might be sharpening their claws in the wake of these recent two nutjobs.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Here Australia we are being bombarded by the news services with the US shootings .Now they are calling for removal from private owner ship semi

-auto pistols.They have already confiscated semi auto rifles ,shotguns including pump action ,and military pattern firearms and handguns not used for Olympic shooting disicplines.Which means just about all handguns. Looks like we will be in line for another round of confiscation of personal firearms if this sort of thing continues. The average Aussie has no means of self protection at all.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

Just for the record, I hadn't heard anything about this incident until the posts on this group.

That's certainly ground to treat him as extremely dangerous, and shoot him. Blazing away as described earlier still seems excessive though. Presumtion of innocense (to the earlier shooting in this case) should still apply, and he should have had his day in court if feasable.

Mind you, this character definately qualifies for a Darwin award. Getting into a gunfight with a bunch of understandably enraged police officers is terminally stupid.

If anyone draws a gun on anyone else, he has no grounds for complaint if his apparent target shoots him first.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

Shown on TV this morning, Foley's attorney said in a press conference that Foley wanted us to know that he (Foley) was abused by a priest between the ages of 13 and 15. Foley also wanted us to know that he isn't using that as an excuse.

Then why bothering mentioning it?

Reply to
Willshak

It seems that when some "notable" whether it's a pedophile member of the clergy, a pro athlete like Rose or Bonds, or Conseco, one of the Hollywierd "royalty" like Gibson or Hilton, or a Washington politician like Kennedy or Foley (you could substitute several other names foe each category) gets caught doing something wrong, they throw out the "going into rehab" ploy and assume it's "get out of jail free" card. Going into some cushy celebrity rehab for a week or two doesn't wash away the fact that person has committed a crime or crimes. These self-appointed elites, in actuality, have no rights above and beyond you and me. If they violate the law, they should pay like you and me. Go into rehab if you need to. Get well. Then come out and face the music.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

There seems to have been considerable toleration of unethical, immoral, and illegal behavior by members of the Senate and House by other members on both sides of the political aisle over the years. It makes me wonder if any normal, moral, hard-working, law-abiding people go into politics or if they are ALL just a bunch of greedy, me-first, self-serving, egotistical, morally bankrupt walkin' talkin' rectums.

I know I probably have my rose-colored glasses on but, these people are supposed to represent US, not themselves. They all seem motivated first by what's good for them, then by what's good for their particular party, and finally, if they get around to it, what's good for the American people. And sadly, a good bit of the blame lies with us, the voting constituency. We keep voting these jackals back into office.

I think term limits of two terms for both the Senate and House would not be a bad thing. True, it wound reduce the experience level but it might not be a bad price to pay since it would also reduce the impact of the greedy, dishonest, power-hungry, etc, etc. It would also provide an avenue for getting rid of them, even when we, the voters, don't have the guts or common sense to vote them out ourselves.

OK, rant mode off.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

You have to be careful with that, though. You might get sued by the parents of some kid for violating his rights. ;~(

Reply to
Bill Woodier

That's already happened in the UK. We had a "gun amnesty" where people were encouraged to surrender guns to the police without fear of prosecution. It didn't reduced gun crime one iota!

Now we have "knife amnesties". Successive knife amnesties have also failed to reduce knife crime. In fact, during the last one, there were far more than the average number of serious knife crimes.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

"Kevin(Bluey)" wrote in ...

Pet crocodiles.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

I'll bet beans to bullets (heh heh) that he had his day in court on several occasions prior to the murder of the policeman and the K-9 officer.

Indeed, the gene pool went up a full inch when this guy took a dirt nap.

Amen.

WmB

Reply to
WmB