Piermont Division/Howard Zane ownership change

I noticed that Howard Zane has sold his brass business to Dan Glasure. It seemed surprising given that he is one of the top brass experts. I bought a couple of pieces from him many years ago.

I hope that everything is OK with Howard and that the sale was not due to any unfortunate circumstances -- a fine fellow that he is!

Reply to
Don Fouts

Don, Thanks for the fine words and concern. True I sold to Dan's Train Depot in Florida along with my 40 year brass collection. Everything is fine with me, I just decided to move to a new phase in my life which includes playing with my train set, playing old time music (We have a neat group...."The New Southern Cow Tippers), writing, and spending much time with my new wonderful wife, Sandy. Rumors are abound that I jumped ship as the brass field was going to turn south......nothing could be further from the truth!!!!! Last year was by far my best in brass sales.......it just became a full time business and much more. Had I been a decade younger, I probably would have stayed on, but life is not a dress rehearsal and much is left still to do. Dan Glasure is one of the finest folks I know in this hobby, and only in his late 20's......has a wonderful "old world" style of business and personal ethics which I find rather refreshing and why I chose him to be the buyer. Dan has pledged to keep up the Piermont site and I have agreed to help him on many issues pertaining to brass models. His staff is also top notch all of the way!! I'll always love brass models as I find them works of art. I did keep several to run on the Piermont Division layout.......mainly Western Maryland, C&O, B&O, N&W, Southern, Virginian, and Clinchfiled. Thanks again for the concern. HZ

Reply to
Howard Zane

Howard,

Well, glad to hear that everything is OK with you. I know that you 've worked hard on the brass business and putting on the best train show in the country -- all of which takes time away from other pursuits.

Enjoy yor newly found freeedom!

I have also had positive experiences with Dan Glasure through Ebay. No doubt that he will do a good job.

Reply to
Don Fouts

with my train set, playing old time music (We have a neat group...."The New Southern Cow Tippers), < Do you retiring "brass guys" typically go into music. John Smith (PRB) has a group also! .

Reply to
Jon Miller

John, Good question! I know Smith and knew that he is a fine jazz (?) musician. Bob Hess of the once Brass Depot is a wonderful clawhammer banjo player, guitarist, and singer....and at over 70!! With me music came first as I started at age 5 (choo choos came about the same time) with the fiddle and banjo........still can't play with a damn, but I have a lot of fun trying. My wife Sandy is one of the finest fiddlers in Appalachain music today. HZ

Reply to
Howard Zane