PRR Calendars & The Weekend Chief Publishing Company

Did the Weekend Chief Publishing Company

out of business?

I always used to get a PRR Calendar there (in addition to getting the Cedco PRR calendar every year). Couldn't find 'em (Weekend Chief) in a Google Search, and their website looks like it's no more. Just wondered if anybody here knew the story.

Reply to
Mac Breck

We tried to order calendars for our dtore through Walthers but were told that Walthers no longer handkles Weekend Chief. We could sell a bunch of calendars if we could get them.

Reply to
MGuill1224

I bought their 2004 New York Central and Erie Lackawanna calendars at the Timonium show. Believe they had the PRR and many other railroad calendars as well. Don't think they ever had a website as there is nothing registered for weekendchief.com. Calendars do have a snail mail and email address:

The Weekend Chief Publishing Co, P.O. Box 165 Hicksville, NY 11802

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Reply to
Terry Link

calendars at the

railroad calendars

nothing

used to be valid, back in December 2000.

Thanks. The address I had for them was:

The Weekend Chief Publishing Company P. O. Box 1676 Mineola, NY 11501-1676

I'll check around at some hobby shops in Pittsburgh tomorrow.

Reply to
Mac Breck

12-20-12 Last year I contacted them directly and ordered several calendars. Today's Google search -> wig-wag-trains carrying several calendars including CNJ, but no PRR. Last year they stopped printing/carrying NY subways. Hope that this helps. Couldn't tell the date of your comment.
Reply to
Hossface Grant