On the midden

I am getting used

>to the complaining and it was fun posting here to learn of others opinions.

What was actually amazing was the number of posts from those that consisered employees easily disposable & replacable property rather than the most valuable asset.

So what? You have several old employees that are smokers and the first thing that came to mind to many (FAR too many) was how easy it would be to fire them.

Naturally, these posts were, no doubt, from those that gripe about the lack of employee loyalty, imports robbing them of business (while grabbing their purported "tax cuts") and praising efforts to eliminate Social Security & adding bogus retirement plans (not that they probably assist in providing any for *their* disposable employees that they cannot raid). Started new thread "On the midden" with this one.

Reply to
Cliff

Cliff wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Midden eh? Roget would be proud. I actually agree with most of what you have to say. I stayed out of the "smoking" thread, because smoking isn't the real issue. My experience with people who worry about whether the guy next to them is working as hard, is that they are petty a-holes, who will find something else to bitch about once the smoking issue is resolved. The guys for whom the best solution is to fire the smokers, are actually doing them a favor. The smokers will end up working in a better place. Shop owners with the F-'em attitude rarely succeed in the long run. There was a large shop that we sold some equipment to, where the owner was one of those tyrants that was always running around screaming or firing someone for something trivial. He had one employee who for the most part ran the shop floor. I always wondered how he could stand working for this guy. One day they have a falling out and the owner fires the guy. The employee tells the owner he's going to put him out of business someday. That day came about three years later when they went bankrupt. The ex- employees shop? Bigger than the place he was fired from. Took away most every customer within two years. I know a guy who owns a distributorship that had pretty much the same story. This guy is the top salesman at a company, and the owner screws him over one too many times. They have a blow up, and he quits. He tells the owner that he's going to put him out of business. The owner laughs at him. Five years later, the salesman has all of the lines, all of the good employees, and is at the bankruptcy auction of his former employer buying inventory for pennies on the dollar. OTOH, I've worked with companies where they take the teamwork thing to the other extreme. No one will make a decision, and no one will override the team once they make a decision, no matter how bad the decision. The successful places seem to find a balance. They usually have a strong leader with some vision, and they treat the employees well and keep them engaged in running the place. In return the employees actually care about doing a good job, and are fairly loyal. I don't know what any of this has to do with your twisted ideas on welfare er Social Security. I suppose you think that the Boxer-Clinton- Jones "No Felon Left Behind Act" will help solve the countries woes. Too bad it's unconstitutional.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Murphy

Cliff wrote in news:vigi311jgu6fmn6acgaof24o5kbciopsqj@

4ax.com:

The "Count Every Vote Act". Read it. A lot of feel good hoo-ha covering up the real intent of this act. Giving convicted criminals the right to vote. Yup, they want to give the guy that snatches a ten year-old girl out of her bedroom, tortures, rapes, kills her, and leaves her in a ditch the right to vote for Hillary for president. Nice huh? They ought to read the fourteenth ammendment sometime. Really you should read it. A lot of the hoo-ha is so offensive to minorities I can't imagine why they would ever vote for these three morons again.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Murphy

Cliff wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It's the wrong bill. Is that enough detail for you? Which part of Boxer- Clinton-Jones didn't you understand?

Dan

Reply to
Dan Murphy

Cliff wrote in news:toem31djujst6l59a05v0borcukqku0ohk@

4ax.com:

I already told you.

I'm thinking that now that you've read it you see that it's unconstitutional and offensive to minorities.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Murphy

Cliff wrote in news:f64o3159569fb5j0l1soebnukfj2kpj2hj@

4ax.com:

Then you can keep on entertaining us with your unenlightened opinions.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Murphy

Cliff wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com: