Setup Sheet Ideas

I'm looking for a twist on Mill and Lathe setup sheets. I've ask all the guys in the shop and they are contempt with what they have, but would be
willing to look at something else. It still takes too much time to put them into the cpu. Currently I am using one master Excel spreadsheet,and the setup sheets and programs are linked off of Hyperlinks within the Master Log file. Any ideas would be appreciated and/or examples. I would like to integrate a possible reorder system along with a dropdown type database "all in one" in order to make it faster and easier to produce a setup sheet. And as all of you know, if you don't write it down now you will end up paying for it on the next repeat setup.
Thanks,
Billy K.

"contempt" or do you mean "content"? These words have opposite meanings. Randy
Thanks, spell checker can be a bad thing sometimes. Yes, we're happy with what we currently use, but we are just looking for some other views. For example what type of information others put on their setup sheets, and how they convey that information to the operators and setup personnel.

If you are any good at Access, cook something up in there. It makes it easier to put them in the CPU because drop down boxes, quickfill, and the like are such an easy fit in the Access environment. Hyperlinks will go in there too. In addition, it makes it easy to do stuff like find out how many jobs use tool xyz. Or do other types of reports as you find the need. If you are using tool crib software, and it is ODBC, then you can pick the tools from your tool crib when you make them up. I was using Excel for a while, also Word, and I wish I had started with Access. I set up Access in areas that had paper, and it is so much easier (for both me and the operators) and more informative than Excel. There are also some set up sheet program systems available out there, but I have not looked at them in a while, so I don't know how pricey they are these days. -plh

--
I keep hitting "Esc" -- but I'm still here!