Number of posts

I dropped out of rec.models.rc.air about a year ago - and have 'droppe
in' via RC Groups, Inc.
I noticed a tremendous drop in posts - RMRCA used to run 300+ posts
day - is it still doing that, but RCGroups, Inc. just doesn't carr
them all - OR has that group deterioated to the level I see?
Jerr
--
tailskid
Been modeling since '49 - which makes me an Old Fart

tailskid2
Basically rcgroups and rcuniverse is a far better place than this.
This acts as a basic pointer to those sites really.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
torqueroll.com is excellent also. R/C Universe has gone to hell in my opinion.
Reply to
jeboba
rec.models.rc.air has diminished immensely due to spamming and crossposting of multiple political crap. It's still a good source, however, RCGroups is probably the place to be since it's not screwed up like RCU is, and it's got a zillion times more users than Torqueroll or RCFlying. For example, at this very moment for comparison, there are 39 people browsing Torqueroll, 26 at RCFlying, but there are 951 on line right now at RCGroups. Even though RCU has a higher body count than RCGroups (sometimes twice as much), it's still a crappy place to navigate and I personally find the level of discourse much more interesting at RCGroups, or here at rec.models, than I do at RCU.
MJC
View this thread:

MJC
Methinks that is true for all of USENET. Ditto for the number of hate-mongers infesting the joint.
I haven't looked at RC Groups in quite a while. Have they 'fixed' the problem where you had to manually follow each thread to see recent responses ?
About the only thing I like about USENET news groups is the bit about downloading headers only so I can pick which posts I want to read.
Can that be done now on RC Groups ? Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust home.mindspring.com/~the-plumber
Reply to
Fred McClellan
From one old goat to another, yes.
Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust home.mindspring.com/~the-plumber
Reply to
Fred McClellan
Hi Fred.....hot's HotLanta? Bet it ain't as HOT as here :)
Jerry
PS Sure do miss Perry ..... nothing like that out here
-- tailskid
Been modeling since '49 - which makes me an Old Fart
----------------------------------------------------------------------- tailskid2's Profile:
this thread:
tailskid2
yes.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
Nah, not hot. Hasn't broken 90 yet.
Went to Reno for the air races in September a year or so ago, and finally realized I'm acclimated to this place. Locals thought it was hot in Reno at 96 degrees. We didn't notice cuz the humidity was zip point squat compared to hotLanta. We thought it was a nice Fall day.
The Blues are at Dobbins this weekend. 'bout four miles from the house. All I had to do was turn a chair around on the deck.
Perry is jest fine and gettin' finer every year. I made off with a NIB Blue Bird Prettner Calypso to put around the Rossi .60 I've had gathering dust for way too long. Now I gotta build the thing . . .
You may miss Perry, but you can make the AMA shindigs on The Left Coast without too much trouble.
Take care out there. Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust home.mindspring.com/~the-plumber
Reply to
Fred McClellan
RCGroups did a major change-out (upgrade) on their software only about 3 weeks ago that has noticeable improvements. You might want to check them out again and see for yourself.
MJC
Reply to
MJC
Ditto that! Also, I wish there was a way to save the whole thread, instead of just one page.
Morris
Reply to
Morris Lee