Motorcyclist Death in Lubbock TX

While browsing a Suzuki motorcycle forum, a rider pointed out a friend who was slain a year ago:

Sometimes stuff happens that doesn't make any sense.

- HPT

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

Perfectly good life snuffed out....what a waste.

Jerr

-- tailskid

Been modeling since '49 - which makes me an Old Fart

----------------------------------------------------------------------- tailskid2's Profile:

this thread:

tailskid2

It is a sad occurence, but off topic for this newsgroup.

Reply to
Vance

Most of us that have been around here for some time understand where you are coming from. Then again, we know that this is an un-moderated group. It is a group without benefit of a comprehensive charter. Do some research and you can find our charter, but it will hardly be worth the time.

Robert

Vance wrote:

Reply to
John Doe

John Doe wrote in news:lYTKd.113935$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net :

No, actually what happened is I wrote that message thinking I was in rec.motorcycles, but was not. I sent a cancellation message, but unfortunately not all posting servers honor that, only some.

- HPT

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

"High Plains Thumper" SNIP

Thought it was something like that. Weird thing is I can't recall sending something to the wrong newsgrope.

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

"Keith Schiffner" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@vnet-inc.com:

After hitting the half century mark, I'm finding that I'm making more misteaks and fergetting things. Reading and replying Reeky incryption does that to you.

- HPT

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

"High Plains Thumper" SNIP

Apologies to this group...

{~{[ xV== 36 9:EE:?8 bh E@>>@C@H]]]x 766= J6C A2:?]

Not only that it's almost as bad as epoxying yourself to the bench...shut up it wasn't funny then and it still isn't.

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

"Keith Schiffner" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@vnet-inc.com:

LOL! `a J62CD E@@ =2E6P

... and Ambroid didn't stick whole fingers together like Zap.

- HPT

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

"High Plains Thumper" SNIP

Your point being?

Oh yeah? Trust me it CAN be done. I'm trying to think of something I haven't be glued to...

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

Wood either.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

"Keith Schiffner" wrote in news:b--dnanDj snipped-for-privacy@vnet-inc.com:

%96C6VD 2 3:8 5:776C6?46 36EH66? bh 2?5 d` W:? e H66:=6D 2 H66< 2?5 24E:G6=J :?G@=G65 :? 2 >2CE:2= 2CED 4=F3] pE d_ 8@:?8 d`[ xV> 4@A:?8 H:E9 324< AC@3=6>D[ 324< :D 62D:6C E@ :?;FC6] W%96J D2J :ED =:D x >FDE H@C< @FE EH:46 2D 92C5 E@ 86E E96 D2>6 C6DF=E]

- HPT

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

"Six_O'Clock_High" >> the bench...shut up it wasn't funny then and it still

I take it from your handle you build WW2 planes, collect guns, and is probably my age or a little older. Correct?

From 1964 (I started model building at age 10) to mid '70s, there was no cyano to work with, Ambroid, Sigment, Duco Cement, Testor's wood glue were the only glues to work with.

But one had to double coat with with glue (smear, let dry then cement together) to get it to stick. Then rubber band, pin parts together until glue dried, which took several hours.

- HPT

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

High Plains Thumper wrote in news:Xns95EFE4B13938Fhpt@216.168.3.44:

I take that back. Go to

and browse "SMALLnet Posting # 440". Joe Wagner writes the following:

It's been a while since I last purchased Ambroid (early '90s), I didn't know it has changed. His tests are referring to:

- HPT

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

tailskid2 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@rcgroups.com:

Yep, agree. Actually this post was intended for rec.motorcycles, but I goofed by posting to wrong group. (Never did that before, but as I get older there are always firsts!)

My first model plane was a plastic Revell Douglas C-47 I built at age 6 back in 1960. It was my first experience with polystyrene cement (heaven forbid! I could have become a junkie, my parents were child abusers for letting me use harmful stuff! Oops, forgot, Demos are no longer in the oval office. Actually, I didn't learn you could sniff the stuff until the dept of ed educated me.)

Compared with you, I'm a young whippersnapper! ;)

- HPT

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

"High Plains Thumper" SNIP

}@E 7@C >6] |J 3@5J :D 2=C625J 24E:?8 e_]]]3FCD:E:D :? 3@E9 D9@F=56CD 325 6?@F89 E92E x 42? 5:776C6?E:2E6 H9:49 ?6CG6 A=6IFD :D 36:?8 :>A:?865] w:AD E92E E96 'p 42?VE 7:8FC6 @FE

2?5 H@?E A2J 7@C]]]E9@F89 :E 4@F=5 36 s'%] }@E E@ >6?E:@? @=5 DAC2:?D 6E4] xVG6 925 2? @G6C=J 24E:G6 =:76] p== H:E9@FE ;F>A:?8 @FE @7 2:CA=2?6DP

I really need to get to work on the shed so I can get back up. If nothing else I need to get the circle burners back up.

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

"Keith Schiffner" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@vnet-inc.com:

*6D[ :E D@F?5D =:A @FE @7 2:CA=2?6D E@ 36 @G6C=J 24E:G6] x 7@F?5 @FE E92E 2== E96 EJA6 D E92E H@C@CA9:?D[ H9:49 24E 2D ?2EFC2= A2:? A=2:?D H96? x

C/L is kinda' fun. I need to repair my Ringmaster Junior (friend's 2 year old got a hold of it and found out snapping wing ribs is fun.)

- HPT

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

"High Plains Thumper" SNIP

*6A[ x H2D 2 HC6DE=6C :? 9:89 D49@@=] x
Reply to
Keith Schiffner

"Keith Schiffner" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@vnet-inc.com:

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

"High Plains Thumper" xVG6 2? @=5 qC:586DE@?6 |qe E92E 92D 925 E96 7C2>6 C6A2:C65 3J E96 724E@CJ H96? E96 H6=5 @? E96 7C2>6

3C@36==D]

Short answer is I'll live.

Like I said..I haven't a CLUE what I want to do with it. 8^) I'm SURE I'll think of something. hmm, lift motor for a hovercraft?

Reply to
Keith Schiffner