Just got a R6025 pure vertual function call

I thought this has been sorted in 2007 sp4??

Reply to
pete

That was the pure virtual function call. :)

Need to read Mark Twain. "Rumors of my death have been highly exaggerated."

TOP

Reply to
TOP

SW2008 has a new feature, "suppress virtual function call with dialog suggesting you uninstall and reinstall Solidworks since we have no clue what is causing the Software to exhihibit any limitations in functionality due to a random crash to desktop" This was added to address the SW2007 feature where instead of just crashing to the desktop, it pops up and blames windows with the virtual function call stuff.

Anyways, have you called your VAR about this? Did they tell you to waste a day uninstalling and reinstalling SW? Did they blame it on your graphics card? Or your driver for it? Have you considered rolling back to SW2006? Whats that, you can't because you have converted all of your files months ago? I would recommend not jumping out of anything less than 10 stories, you don't want to just get injured.

Just think if your company made something that randomly shit the bed. How hard would you work to fix it? Would you pretend it only happens once in a while and just keep tweaking the UI? How would you face the fact that you have so much stuff tacked onto the product to make it seem gee-whiz that finding and fixing bugs is harder than finding water on Mars with a regular sized straw while sitting in a Starbucks in New England? Ok, so maybe you have a straw 10,000 meters long. Does that help any?

Does anybody want to start a pool on what SP of SW2008 will be usable? Any pool on SW2007 would not have any winners.

Reply to
RaceBikesOrWork

in February. I think that date is Feb 30 or Feb 31 but can't remember which one as I don't have a 2010 calender in front of me