Railroad Photographer For Hire.

I'm willing to work anywere in the US The price will depend on two things

1 will include Lodging, food, gas or airfair, and Time
  1. Photographs taken in the Base camp(Home town or cities whare I've Got Relitives who will let me spend one or two nights their) will be the Cheapist of the States and cities I'm willing to go to. those are Kenova/Hunignton WV,

Ironton OH, South Ridge(base camp2)

Nashville Tn,

Nashville In, Jeffersonville IN, New Albany In, Corydon In, INDY IN, Avon In, Speed In,

Ashland Ky Louisville Ky(Main Base camp), Russel Ky(base camp3), Bowlinggreen/Menphis Junction Ky, Ky Dam Village KY, Paducah Ky,

Reply to
Tim

LOL! I'm a semi-pro photographer (stock sales, corporate/commercial work, train crew portraits) who shoots a large format 4x5 system or medium format most of the time and have yet to find someone willing to pay my travel expenses. I still manage to shoot about a roll (120) of film a day, Monday through Friday of mostly trains anyway. In general, things that are fun to do just aren't that high paying. Unfortunately. I can often spend a day getting a railroad photo/photo shoot set up perfectly, but only get paid for the result--not my time etc.

Kent in SD

Reply to
Two23

Now you've gone and burst his bubble.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

There's a guy at my LHS that spends his weekends chasing trains around the midwest. He seems to be in it for the enjoyment of the pursuit rather than the money, although his collection consists of about 45,000 slides after selling off over half of them (he bought a few collections along the way). He makes sales from time to time, but mostly does it because he loves it.

He still has the day (and part-time night) job.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

Your joking right? And if your serious then I have a bridge I want to sell you

Reply to
Jon P

Ahh, another entry into the high-demand world of railroad photography professionals. Hang in there- the first million's the hardest.

Couldn't resist

-TG

Reply to
Tim Gill

Kent

Been there, done that. I've been a Photographer for 40 years.

Let me ask you. How many parties, birthdays, weddings, graduations and such have you been invited to, with the last words being, " Oh yes, can you bring your camera?

Jack

My e-mail address is real. Feel free to use it. I know how to delete spam.

Reply to
Jack Forbes

Boy, does that sound familiar! I've been a mobile DJ on the side for over 25 years and there's a similar number of people that would love to have me do their wedding receptions, singles dances, New Year's Eve parties, etc. "for the exposure".

Reply to
Rick Jones