Rank beginner needing help with benchwork

I guess you're right. What did you mean by "angle braces"? Are those metallic fasteners bent at a right angle, or more pieces of wood?

I saw your picture and pink definitely wouldn't work. Much better is a color one might reasonable expect to find on the ground. :-) Wouldn't it be easier to paint before laying track, though?

Robert

Reply to
Robert

Robert wrote: I have another question. After I have a tabletop with polystyrene on the top, whatever method I end up using to get there, should I do anything else to it before I start laying track (assume I'm using something like E-Z Track)? What I mean is, should it be painted first, or papered over?

----------------------------------------------- I use brown or green spray paint. While I'm at it, I paint the sides and the legs with the same paint. Use adequate ventilation, of course.

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
's Books and Toy Trains:
to 1,000 sites:

Bill

That is a nice layout! What size room do you have? I am jealous.

ChrisGW

Reply to
ChrisGW

Those little metal "L" shaped things.

Actually, you're right. It would be less messier as far as getting paint on the track.

I just tend to want to get the track down and trains running. (This is my 4th layout.)

Mike Tennent IronPenguin Electronics

Special Effects lighting, Traffic lights, Crossing guards

Reply to
Mike Tennent

Thanks.

It's one of the many advantages of the kids finally growing up and moving out on their own.

The room's 12 x 12. It takes a train about 3 minutes to go all around the double loop at proto slow speed.

Mike Tennent IronPenguin Electronics

Special Effects lighting, Traffic lights, Crossing guards

Reply to
Mike Tennent

My youngest (22) just moved out, so I now have my room. It is 10 X 12, but only about 10x10 useable (because of door and closet). So I have already re-painted and am going to get some 1X on Saturday to start bench work. Can not wait to start building and running trains again.

ChrisGW

Reply to
ChrisGW