Re: BN HO Decals Wanted

> All I want is a set of 40' BN boxcar decals. I found the Microscale > generic

>> BN freight car set which has the logo and other markings, but not the data >> (length - 40', etc.). > > > Microscale can drive you nuts. (Hi John!) > > You /also/ need to buy 87-2 - Freight Car Gothic Lettering White. > > And, depending on era, you /might/ have to get additional sheets for COTS > (The black data plates on the lower right) and door data. The gothic date > has old style COTS and basic door information. > > Hopefully a BN modeler will chime in with one of the small makers who will > have what you want on a single, logical sheet. > > > CTucker > NY > >

Didn't Herald King make a set? Perhaps you can find one of theirs.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Brian, Herald King did make a set Number B-410 B.N. Green 40' or 50' Boxcar. With Herald King gone It has left a big void In the hobby.

Gord

Brian Paul Ehni wrote:

Reply to
Gord H

Greatb Decals has links to numerous decal manufacturers and suppliers:

History of N Scale:
Links to over 500 helpful sites:

Bill

Not all of their sets were accurate, but I miss them, too. I Can't tell you how many Athearn PS Covered hoppers I painted and decaled using their sets.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

David,

Champ still sells an excellent BN box car set -- HB-389 -- that has dimensional data for 40' and 50' box cars. The 40' car data says 10'6" inside height, built date 1947. Such a car would have a rectangular panel roof. (By 1949 the roofs would be diagonal panel.) The repaint stencil is Havelock 1970. (That's the old CB&Q car shops in Nebraska.)

You can order by email. You'll get your order inside a week.

Ptooey

David wrote:

Reply to
Achmed Ptooey