Re: BN HO Decals Wanted

> All I want is a set of 40' BN boxcar decals. I found the Microscale > generic
>> BN freight car set which has the logo and other markings, but not the data
>> (length - 40', etc.).
>

> Microscale can drive you nuts. (Hi John!)
>
> You /also/ need to buy 87-2 - Freight Car Gothic Lettering White. >
> And, depending on era, you /might/ have to get additional sheets for COTS
> (The black data plates on the lower right) and door data. The gothic date
> has old style COTS and basic door information.
>
> Hopefully a BN modeler will chime in with one of the small makers who will
> have what you want on a single, logical sheet.
>

> CTucker
> NY

Didn't Herald King make a set? Perhaps you can find one of theirs.
Brian
Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni
Brian, Herald King did make a set Number B-410 B.N. Green 40' or 50' Boxcar. With Herald King gone It has left a big void In the hobby.
Gord
Brian Paul Ehni wrote:
Reply to
Gord H
Greatb Decals has links to numerous decal manufacturers and suppliers:
History of N Scale:
Links to over 500 helpful sites:
Bill
Not all of their sets were accurate, but I miss them, too. I Can't tell you how many Athearn PS Covered hoppers I painted and decaled using their sets.
Brian
Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni
David,
Champ still sells an excellent BN box car set -- HB-389 -- that has dimensional data for 40' and 50' box cars. The 40' car data says 10'6" inside height, built date 1947. Such a car would have a rectangular panel roof. (By 1949 the roofs would be diagonal panel.) The repaint stencil is Havelock 1970. (That's the old CB&Q car shops in Nebraska.)
You can order by email. You'll get your order inside a week.
Ptooey
David wrote:
> I am trying to do something simple, so of course it turns out to be > difficult. > > I want to make a simple BN 40' boxcar in HO. I found several kits with > separate ladders and roofwalks so I can update the car to having no > roofwalk. I found the paint (BN green). What I can't find are the decals!
Reply to
Achmed Ptooey