Re: Homosote supplier in Raleigh, NC area, or substitute material to use?

Anyone know a place to purchase Homosote in the Raleigh, NC area?

> Doesn't seem to be carried by the area lumber yards (at least the ones > I've checked). Alternately, what else is a good material to use for > the base of a train layout? > Thanks, > Tim

I'm also in Raleigh: I'm using half-inch foam for the base of my N-scale layout.

If you are in a similar scale, thats a good choice.

Reply to
David Walker

area?

the ones

use for

The 'Lowes' home center on Walnut Street, across from the Crossroads Shopping Center, in Cary used to have it. I haven't been in there in a while, so I can't say for sure if they still do.

Len Head Rust Scraper KL&B Eastern Lines RR Museum

Reply to
Len