Re: Standard Guage Porter

=>Hi. I am wondering if the HK Porter Company put out any 0-4-0 standard guage =>Porters???

Yes. Porter built locomotives to whatever gauge the customer specified.

=> Also, has anyone ever done an 0-4-0 standard guage HO Porter?

Not that I know of, but I don't know everything (as I am repeatedly reminded by people concerned for my welfare.:-) An HOn3 Porter could be regauged; major part of the job would be (re-) building the cylinder saddle to accommodate the wider gauge.

=>Ifso, can you tell me if anything is on the web for info on same. Thanks. John =>Hudson.

Have you tried googling on Porter Locomotives or Porter Locomotive Company or some such?

Frankly, I don't see why people ask for web-resource information when there are so many good search engines available. (Another good one is dogpile.com) If you've searched and found nothing, the odds that someone else will have a resource are practically nil.

HTH

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Gregory Procter

Many of the major railroads bought locos from Porter - they just didn't do industrial locos. As a result, many of the smaller loco arrangements were done. Porter didn't do large locos very well so they just didn't get that part of the business after loco sizes started getting really big and heavy and thus most people think of them as just an industrial loco builder.

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works evevery time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May